Search

Brussels Airlines Business Class in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club (silver) and Miles and More
Brussels Airlines Business Class in Europe

Hello everyone!

I am flying BRU-BMA tomorrow and bought an upgrade to business class. I was not expecting much to be honest but now I have been reading that you get almost nothing in business, just maybe a pre-packed muffin and a hot drink in a paper cup - basically what you would have got in economy not so long ago!

Does anyone have any recent experience of flying short-haul business on Brussels Airlines?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess you'll find out tomorrow?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You do get a meal in SN regional C, similar to what you have on EW or LH:

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-.../default.aspx#

In reality you get a standard tray with some 'Foodmaker' items and get to pick anything they also sell to Y on board. See the attached pdf:
https://webv4.brusselsairlines.com/p...t/bob/bob.html
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
bob_menu_202203.pdf (3.91 MB, 34 views)
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks Oliver,

I was aware of their previous policy of letting you choose from the BOB selection when flying in C. I thought it might have changed now they are more integrated with Lufthansa.

But the Foodmaker is not so bad I guess.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:39 am
Original Poster

In fact they served a very nice breakfast! So that’s new. Not just something for free from the BOB catalogue.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, its a tray and anything from the BoB menu you like.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Did anyone had the new Intra-EU Catering already?
Is there any improvement compeared?
Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantico
Did anyone had the new Intra-EU Catering already?
Is there any improvement compeared?
Indeed have the same question as have upcoming flight with them as well.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle

BRU-LJU

BRU-FRA

FRA-BRU

Here are three J meals on SN from the last six weeks or so. I'm flying them again later this week so will be on the lookout if things have changed...
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by GaryK84

Here are three J meals on SN from the last six weeks or so. I'm flying them again later this week so will be on the lookout if things have changed...
Thanks.

Whilst salad is better presented to Frankfurt, does appear they segment markets even if greater quantity to LJU. Was hoping that it had improved since I flew them last year.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 12:05 am

The picture from BUR-LJU was probably taken at least a month ago? Because that is an "old" C class meal. They do not serve the round "Foodmaker" meals anymore (or at least, not on my last 6 or so flights).
What I did get were meals in the style of the other pictures. On a MUC-BRU (shorter, late night) it was a selection of desserts. On BRU<>BCN flights I have had several different salads.

Overall, I think it's an improvement. (I didn't even look at the "Foodmaker" boxes anymore in the end.)
Although the meals are not designed to give you any "Heimat" or other culinary experiences, I'm glad they made the change.

On a side note: on service itself SN scores higher than LH, IMHO.
dodgeflyer and FlyerLX like this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle

BRU-WAW

This was the meal offered in J from BRU to WAW this week. I am not a huge fan of canned tuna so I didn't enjoy the meal very much. I asked the crew if I could have something off the Y menu, and was told that I would have to pay. They said that the policy of the Y menu being free in J had changed recently. Gone were the little Neuhaus chocolates as well.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, what a pile of crap and still a pile of crap.

I suppose the rubbish product is why its taken them THREE years to resume the route . Basia won't have sleepless nights about the competition considering BRU gets a hot meal and the most comfortable of the Embraer's.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:05 am

Porcelain and metal cutlery are a major improvement from previous months.

The difference between SN long haul and SN short haul is, however, still so great, that it looks like two different airlines. (I think this is the economical goal, a European low cost + long haul classic.)

Such a shame because with their hub, lounges and crew, SN could be one the best European airlines would they offer slightly better legroom, seat and food on short haul J.
Koby, the810, Vixit and 1 others like this.

Last edited by on.the.bowery; Aug 17, 2023 at 5:07 am
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:23 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by on.the.bowery
Such a shame because with their hub, lounges and crew, SN could be on the best European airlines would they offer slightly better legroom, seat and food on short haul J.
Fully agree on the SN short haul J seats, they are very underwhelming and nevertheless often ridiculously priced.

The other day I did a J short haul on an Air Canada A220. The miserable state of European J hard products was obvious in comparison:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.