Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing Seats in Lufthansa as Star Alliance Gold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Oshkosh105
Another data point. My first flight on Austrian. At check-in, my UA*G was accepted, but Exit Row seats on VIE-MAN were still chargeable at 25 euros. Also thought it was weird that the system was offering to sell me lounge access even though I can access it as part of *G

Boarding pass looks good - priority boarding listed (zone 2) and recognition of UA*G, but no exit rows like on LH and LX.
It's not weird at all.
Unlike LH and LX, Austrian gives only standard seats for free (no exit rows), even to HON and SEN members.
https://www.austrian.com/us/en/seat-reservation
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: A3 *G
FWIW several airlines do give some hidden seat benefits to *G customers. CA give access to the virtually empty front sections of their long haul aircraft (and come and greet you by name), I often choose this as 4 seats abreast is a bigger bed than biz.

SAS have regularly blocked the seat next to me which I think is a nice touch.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Oshkosh105
Also thought it was weird that the system was offering to sell me lounge access even though I can access it as part of *G
They also do it to their own elites 🤷
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: WFBF, UA Gold, FB Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
They also do it to their own elites 🤷
Haha now thats bad IT

Was on Lufthansa on the way back and very thankful the system auto put me in an exit row on intra-EU and bulkhead on the long haul. If *G recognition and exit row seats are important to you, either buy it, or LH/LX>OS
Old Mar 2, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Biggest negative of my move from Delta to United is no advance seats on STAR flights. Skyteam was great about giving that benefit to Elite plus members. Also doesn't seem like Star Gold gets priority security at a lot of Eu airports (could be wrong). AF, KL gave it almost everywhere from my pov
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
Also doesn't seem like Star Gold gets priority security at a lot of Eu airports (could be wrong).
IME there are very few airports in the EU where *G will not give you access to priority security.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:26 am

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
H class inter europe is this regular economy or economy light?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by boycruz
H class inter europe is this regular economy or economy light?
Could be either, depends on your ticket, what was purchased
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:19 am

purchased by condor as a one way

H class economy is all it says
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:00 pm

Then it depends on what Condor says it is. I really doubt Condor sells unconnected LH tickets though.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 5:32 pm

Then it depends on what Condor says it is. I really doubt Condor sells unconnected LH tickets though.
actually if you buy condor Y or J class the connections
are in Y class always inside europe

they are loosely weirdly connected
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH has to provide Condor with feeder flights by dictat of the regulator.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:27 am

is that true that even Senators/HON can't select free seat during OLCI or after OLCI for eco lights OS/LH? I could not find the original thread so excuse me I used this one. As I remember there was a discussion here on FT about it but curious about reality these days coz have booked some OS eco light flights as a *G and indeed I was able to select free seat during OLCI and also change it for free after OLCI. but last time was part of PE ticket so it was eco classic I guess/
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:13 am

Eco Light will kill your option to select a seat, but it does not always work properly. One thing is for example multi-carrier routings are messing this up even within group. i.e. LH codeshare number on EN or OS metal.
Another way that used to work well is check-in in OS then use LH app to change seat for free (even to exit row)
gojko88, andywaw and romans like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:22 am

Eco Light will kill your option to select a seat, but it does not always work properly. One thing is for example multi-carrier routings are messing this up even within group. i.e. LH codeshare number on EN or OS metal.
Another way that used to work well is check-in in OS then use LH app to change seat for free (even to exit row)
yes that I used for years (use LH app to get exit row). this time OS Vie-Lhr-Vie flight. I will see tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.