Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Status Miles promo(s): 2x in H1/22; 2000/longhaul segment in Q2; 2021 Compensaid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Miles promo(s): 2x in H1/22; 2000/longhaul segment in Q2; 2021 Compensaid

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No the compensaid has to be for flights already taken in 2021. You are supposed to do this by March 6 using the M&M app.
So to clarify, any flights that were already taken in 2021 must have the CO2 footprint offset via Compensaid

Is there anything special that we have to do to ensure the Miles & More credit is applied back to our accounts later?

Lastly, does it matter how much you pay to offset (e.g. 10 year option vs 0 year option)?

Thanks
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by wmaciej
my M&M shows no past flights eligible for compensation. Do they have to be LH/LX stock?
It looks that if you register using your M&M account, you can see the past flights in https://compensaid.com/dashboard. This should be an easy and cheap 10k status miles
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I can get through by using the Compensation Challenge in the app. Was considering doing it anyway, for once.

When do the double status miles for flights already taken hit our accounts?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
You have to sign up with your M&M account on the compensaid site: https://compensaid.com/users/sign-in

Click on the button on the left:

The sign in is a bit weird, it kicked me out at the first attempt after the M&M login page. I just clicked again and all was good.

Pay for one segment on the website and then go to the M&M app, the mindful flyer link will show your 2021 flights.

To compensate a domestic LH segment costs 1.51 € for MUC-FRA Easy 10k SM for about 10-15€. Sadly I don't need any in 2022...

GlobalNomad, bruso and pdeut like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
To compensate a domestic LH segment costs 1.51 € for MUC-FRA Easy 10k SM for about 10-15€.
The cheapest Y flights I took in 2021 were LOT operated domestic ones. Do they also count? I´d say YES, but...
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYC1
Bonus points: whomever does the English translations should be fired. Embarrassing.
https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en..._business.html

Valif on all intercontinental flights.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't I just do it directly on the app, through the Mindful Flyer Challenge? I already did 8 segments in 2022 (LH and LX).

And why can I not find any discussion about this on VFT? (unless it's in the 2021 thread, which I'm about to have a look at now
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:37 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Concerto
And why can I not find any discussion about this on VFT? (unless it's in the 2021 thread, which I'm about to have a look at now
https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/flug...-im-fruehling/

For the Compensaid offer see:

https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/flug...circle-meilen/
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the detailed breakdown!

Unfortunately for me I only had one round trip with 4 segments and it was long haul

Still cheap though for around 50 euros for 8k SM. Would you recommend buying all 4 segments via Compensaid or doing 1 in Compensaid and the other 3 in M&M App?

One more side question (not directly related): If you get Frequent Flyer this year for the first time, does the 25% SM bonus apply to all SM from this year earned already? Or only future SM earned?

Last edited by MasterGberry; Feb 16, 2022 at 7:48 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
BTW, I did not get any email from M&M in this regard. Hope it´s not limited to a particular kind of customers, like German residents...
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MasterGberry
Thanks for the detailed breakdown!

Unfortunately for me I only had one round trip with 4 segments and it was long haul

Still cheap though for around 50 euros for 8k SM. Would you recommend buying all 4 segments via Compensaid or doing 1 in Compensaid and the other 3 in M&M App?

One more side question (not directly related): If you get Frequent Flyer this year for the first time, does the 25% SM bonus apply to all SM from this year earned already? Or only future SM earned?
Do one in compensaid, the rest in the M&M app. The 25% exec bonus comes from the day you become FTL.

Originally Posted by Marcin83
BTW, I did not get any email from M&M in this regard. Hope it´s not limited to a particular kind of customers, like German residents...
German mail was supposed to go out on the 15th, the english email on the 23rd. The website is already active in denglish. See link above.
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Do one in compensaid, the rest in the M&M app
The one in compensaid will also count or only the ones through the M&M app?

Thanks,
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But if you have to do one (offset) through compensaid first, before going to the app, that's because you're looking to offset flights from 2021, right (because you don't have any, or not enough, flights from 2022)? I already have 8 segments in 2022, not massive I know, but surely I can just offset them (or five of them) directly on the app.

EDIT - Sorry, just seen in the VFT article that's for flights in 2021, not 22.

EDIT 2 - I don't see the new "task" in the app yet.

Last edited by Concerto; Feb 16, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:14 pm

Nice that they’re doing double status miles again, but it’s a bit late tbh. Already sent some bookings over to oneworld. Had they committed earlier might have made a different choice.
chris63 and Tomasz Pa like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Nice that they’re doing double status miles again, but it’s a bit late tbh. Already sent some bookings over to oneworld. Had they committed earlier might have made a different choice.
Yes, they were late to the party, just look at the current load factors…..
hugolover and Tomasz Pa like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.