Wiki Posts
Search

Fligths to Johannesburg

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2021, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flights to Johannesburg

I have a First Class flight from London to Johannesburg next Tuesday via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. The return is on Swiss via Zurich. Obviously, I cannot go. Would I have the option of a refund or do I have to take a voucher/re-book. When is the latest that I can ask for any changes as I want to delay in the hope that the flight will be cancelled. I booked the flights in the recent Companion Fare sale and so re-booking would probably cost a lot more.

Last edited by heb999; Nov 27, 2021 at 7:09 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by heb999
I have a First Class flight from London to Johannesburg next Tuesday via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. The return is on Swiss via Zurich. Obviously, I cannot go. Would I have the option of a refund or do I have to take a voucher/re-book. When is the latest that I can ask for any changes as I want to delay in the hope that the flight will be cancelled. I booked the flights in the recent Companion Fare sale and so re-booking would probably cost a lot more.
Really depends on your tickets terms & conditions, this is not LH’s fault, do you have travel insurance ?

Best to call the dedicated First Class hotline & ask them what your options are.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Hi Do you happen to know the number for the First Class passengers please?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Apologies, I should have said that I do have travel insurance but I would prefer to travel with LH in the future.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Apologies, I should have said that I do have travel insurance but I would prefer to travel with LH in the future.
So far the JNB flights have not been cancelled but Germany has imposed additional restrictions, such as testing and quarantine etc. Indeed, I would expect the flights to continue in the next weeks and be filled with people wanting to get out of Southern Africa.

If the flights go and you can technically travel but no longer want to, that is what travel insurance is for. Hwever, in case of F pax I would assume LH to be pretty lenient and allow date changes.
chris63 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Hi Do you happen to know the number for the First Class passengers please?
https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/luft...class-hotlines
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the useful advice. I used the phone number that MichieIR posted and was offered a full refund or re-booking. I took the re-booking option and booked for November next year. Thanks again.
chris63 and MichielR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.