Search

Advice needed on Frankfurt and Munich lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Lufthansa, Virgin, Southwest, Marriot, Accorhotels, Hilton
Advice needed on Frankfurt and Munich lounges

I would appreciate advice on the which lounge to use on my trip:
I am flying for US to Europe with layover in Frankfurt, transferring to a Schengen country. My layover in Frankfurt is 5 hours. I am flying business class.
On the way back to US I am flying via Munich, also in business, also rather lengthy layover. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could recommend a lounge to visit on both legs of my trip. I am recovering from a surgery and need to keep my foot up as much as possible. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Some of the lounges are still closed, but you will be able to find open LH lounges at both FRA and MUC.

Just go to the lounge finder on lufthansa.com and locate the lounge closest to your departure gate.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: LH SEN
in FRA I like the A26. the most of the time I was FTL. It has a nice view
Now as SEN, I cant say about SEN Lounges...
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Rust, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Can I suggest staralliance.com? There's a fantastic lounge finder on there; just put in where you'll be, cabin, status if any and bingo.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by ElegantMess
Can I suggest staralliance.com? There's a fantastic lounge finder on there; just put in where you'll be, cabin, status if any and bingo.
In normal times: absolutely.

Now, with frequent changes concerning opening hours and access rules, the LH lounger finder is often more up to date than the *alliance one.

Last edited by worldclubber; Nov 14, 2021 at 7:44 am
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
try loungebuddy app (hope I won't be killed for ad, i'm just a regular guy and they have millions of downloads).
It always saves me from a lot of troubles and gives accurate information about lounges status (open/closed).
Nowadays things are changing without notice.
Also, with covid, lounges modified their access times. You might find lounges closed at 5PM without notice.

As a rule of thumb, the most exclusive the lounge - the better.
If you fly lufthansa (which most likely is the case) try lufthansa senator lounges.
There are plenty, open, and still rockin',

If you fly other Star Alliance airline, you might find disappointing the distance between your gate and the lounge location. FRA is not small, in worst case scenario you up to 45m to walk from one point to another.
I skipped a couple of lounges access because of this reason.

In FRA, you have two Lufthansa business lounges for Schengen area:
Terminal 1, concourse A, gate 26 (06:00 - 21:30) and
Terminal 1, concourse A, gate 13 (07:00 - 21:30)

For terminal 2 are other options - please let us know if you still need help.

hope this helps.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by st8dm
try loungebuddy app (hope I won't be killed for ad, i'm just a regular guy and they have millions of downloads).
It always saves me from a lot of troubles and gives accurate information about lounges status (open/closed).
Nowadays things are changing without notice.
Also, with covid, lounges modified their access times. You might find lounges closed at 5PM without notice.

As a rule of thumb, the most exclusive the lounge - the better.
If you fly lufthansa (which most likely is the case) try lufthansa senator lounges.
There are plenty, open, and still rockin',

If you fly other Star Alliance airline, you might find disappointing the distance between your gate and the lounge location. FRA is not small, in worst case scenario you up to 45m to walk from one point to another.
I skipped a couple of lounges access because of this reason.

In FRA, you have two Lufthansa business lounges for Schengen area:
Terminal 1, concourse A, gate 26 (06:00 - 21:30) and
Terminal 1, concourse A, gate 13 (07:00 - 21:30)

For terminal 2 are other options - please let us know if you still need help.

hope this helps.
Thank you very much, did not realize how big Frankfurt airport is. I will need to go to the lounge close to my departure gate as i am currently having some mobility issues (not that fast). I do not have any status with LH, just flying business class. Will I have access to Senator lounge?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by lavender1365
Thank you very much, did not realize how big Frankfurt airport is. I will need to go to the lounge close to my departure gate as i am currently having some mobility issues (not that fast). I do not have any status with LH, just flying business class. Will I have access to Senator lounge?
Just go to https://www.lufthansa.com/ge/en/lounges and find any "Business Lounge" at FRA.

Usually you would not have access to SEN lounges, but don't know about COVID times, as many LH lounges were operated as joint J/SEN lounges for a while. You can always ask at SEN lounges, but the Business Lounges would be your safe bet.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Just go to https://www.lufthansa.com/ge/en/lounges and find any "Business Lounge" at FRA.

Usually you would not have access to SEN lounges, but don't know about COVID times, as many LH lounges were operated as joint J/SEN lounges for a while. You can always ask at SEN lounges, but the Business Lounges would be your safe bet.
Thank you for your advise. greatly appreciate it.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by lavender1365
Thank you for your advise. greatly appreciate it.
You're welcome. Have a great trip and get well soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.