Search

LOT Polish Mid haul to RUH, DXB, NQZ & TAS 'Business' class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

European Config, a lot of Embraer too.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems this is just a MAX route, subbed again. Every flight so far has been 7M8.

At least they're not hiding its just European C. See what I mean about Row 1 on the glorious, safe, MAX? For passengers of size that would be like wearing a corset.

You'd have to be off your rocker to pay 5000 PLN for this. The Plusgrade upgrades start at 2200 ex-WAW and 2300 back.

Loads in C are not that bad, but it could be full of staff, I've no idea:

30/09:
11/24 C, 3/6 P, 87/144 Y

03/10
9/16 C, 3/6 P, 68/156 Y

With these loads, we can't say its due to weight issues...
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:53 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover

oads in C are not that bad, but it could be full of staff, I've no idea:

30/09:
11/24 C, 3/6 P, 87/144 Y

03/10
9/16 C, 3/6 P, 68/156 Y

With these loads, we can't say its due to weight issues...
LOT CEO and his entourage flew to DXB (I assume they flew on LOT, so I am happy he spent 6 hours on these torture seats).

He was interviewed there:

- LOT needs more public help Of course blaming COVID and wrong IATA predictions
- Complaining about lack of compensation from Boeing for MAX'es grounding

Link in Polish: https://www.pasazer.com/news/460401/...ublicznej.html
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I suggest Basia goes all BArb says the aircraft are swapped for the incredibly-safe 737 MAX for "operational reasons"?
lhrpete likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:14 am

Can I suggest Basia goes all BArb says the aircraft are swapped for the incredibly-safe 737 MAX for "operational reasons"?
Is this from the LOT web site? Do they really claim that Dubai is the capital of the UAE, or am I missing something?
TPJ and hugolover like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the first time since route launch, Basia sent LWF to DXB yesterday. F/G have the fixed C cabin.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: LH SEN
Two pieces of 32KG are one largest baggage in the world? Are they ....in' kidding me? this is standard baggage in all business class in Europe..........in spite fo that emirates in first class have a baggage to 50 kg if I am not wrong......
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by raiders30
Two pieces of 32KG are one largest baggage in the world? Are they ....in' kidding me? this is standard baggage in all business class in Europe..........in spite fo that emirates in first class have a baggage to 50 kg if I am not wrong......
Emirates doesn't apply piece baggage concept for most routes and 50kgs mean 50kgs with no piece number restriction but still a single bag couldn't weigh more than 32kgs due to labor restrictions.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah in Europe you can’t check a bag more than 32kg, it’s been that way for decades.

96kg across 3 pieces for status pax isn’t bad plus two prices in the cabin 16kg but let’s be honest, could be loads in C.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So who's heard about the DXB issues?
It's pretty funny.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 6:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
So who's heard about the DXB issues?
It's pretty funny.
Are they re-introducing the Q400 on the DXB route? With fuel stop in CLJ and ESB...? ;-)

For those who don't know about it: They are flying with the MAX8 to DXB. The look on the face of the nowobogaciki (nouveau riche) when they board the plane and see the C class is said to be priceless. Even the largest pair of luxury designer sunglasses can't hide the disgust. But I'm sure that this is not what you are intending to tell us, hugolover .

Last edited by NUEflyer; Feb 3, 2023 at 6:50 pm
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
Nothing unusual I would say.
Talking about extreme, W6 is using A321 to AUH.
More civilised A3 is using A320 neo on DUB-ATH
so LO using Max8 is not that bad actually.
LH swapped proper business for super uncomfortable NEKs to North Africa long time ago.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They don’t fly the incredibly safe and well-designed 737 MAX to DXB. That’s happened literally a couple of times since the route launched when the load was super light. It’s exclusively 738’s LWF/G. When the route was conceived they had a dedicated C cabin but that was retrofitted last year to the usual European cabin.

What I heard on Dubai is what I gleamed from the staff there, they block off a couple of dozen seats on LO122 because it’s weight restricted due to DXB being Dubai for take off performance (obvs) and the very long flight time of 6 hours due to UA airspace being closed. This also means they sometimes have to leave behind tens of tens of bags . This snowballs because this issue only goes away when the load is light.

Those 738’s are MAXxed out.. lol

Poor Basia…
Old Feb 4, 2023, 10:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This snowballs because this issue only goes away when the load is light.
Why can't they RUSH these bags on EK B777 (I am sure no problem with payload)? It would cost them some money, but well...

And BTW I recall a fairly famous local football player already posted some 'DXB C-class' pictures on Insta creating some PR problem for LO. At least his bags made it to WAW
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TPJ
Why can't they RUSH these bags on EK B777 (I am sure no problem with payload)? It would cost them some money, but well...
They can RUSH tag the bags on the next IATA flight, no extra cost involved. EK can't even refuse them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.