LOT Polish Mid haul to RUH, DXB, NQZ & TAS 'Business' class

Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
LOT Polish Mid haul to RUH, DXB, NQZ & TAS 'Business' class

It seems LOT operates a 737-800 between WAW and DXB. The press release announcing the route says: "Flights will be operated by 168-seat Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft, equipped with a configured, separate business class of 12 wide and comfortable seats. If required, 787-8 Dreamliners may also handle the connection. Notwithstanding the flight class, LOT will offer its passengers two services, as well as an extensive offer of drinks and alcohols."

Any idea if this is just hyperbole or are they actually operating a specially configured 737-800 with real (?) business class seats on this route? Feels brutal to sit in Eurobusiness for 6h30m.

Here's what Expertflyer shows when I pull up the seat map:

Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LO has a few former Jet Airways B738 that have the recliner seats you would find in TK C or UA domestic F. I suppose they plan to use those to DXB.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s right, there’s two, SP-LWF/G.
tropikey likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:07 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Any word on IFE? Will they distribute tablets or something? These aircraft have overhead monitors, but I have never seen LOT using them.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I believe they will have recordings from TVP Info
tropikey, TPJ and fifty_two like this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Launch will be on 7M8, I hope the C cabin is full of non-rev because you'd feel a right pillock to pay for European C on the incredibly safe and marvel of American technology that is the 737 MAX. Seats like ironing boards in C

6-7 hours on a MAX for 5000 PLN, what a deal!

The LWF/G would have been at least quite OK with recliner seats, but what's good for pax isn't necessarily good for Basia with that lovely efficient fuel burn.

Will be interesting to see the launch load, doesn't seem too good and Basia has been aggressively pushing this flight for ages.

Meanwhile, EK fly with a 773 with F
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DXB Launch

LO121/2 started today. When I saw it was the MAX, I thought maybe they chose this because it has that Babelfish Proud of Poland thing, but no, LVA launched the route.

Meanwhile LWF/G are flying, so swapping the type presumably wasn't tech.

As a reminder, they swapped the 738 with the fixed recliner seats in C (and fairly OK seats in P/Y) with the MAX and its European (ie what SFO777 would call fake Business ) C and hard uncomfortable seats. Row 1 is terrible on those with fixed dividers between the seats. Luckily, no one sat there!

Load was 3/8 in C, 8/12 in P, 97/162
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:48 pm
TPJ

Originally Posted by hugolover

Load was 3/8 in C, 8/12 in P, 97/162
OMG - I guess these 3 in C are not Flyertalkers, otherwise they would never buy this s$$t... Unless they were LO executives and the whole thing was a revenge of the Netwok Planning folks on C-Suite...
Old Sep 27, 2021, 5:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The former 9W B738 with recliner may not be in the best shape that LO would send it on a 6+h journey.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They find that out now? They were scheduled for weeks and is still in the schedule and the idea is to use them for the reason of the fixed C cabin.

They fly all the time on the longer segments, like TBS, SKG.

The irony is the MAX are unreliable!
TPJ, Dover2Golf and lhrpete like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 5:37 am

PMI, SKG and TBS are not even close to the distance for DXB: Great Circle Mapper

Also the engine performance in DXB is a topic, the engine condition has to be sufficient to manage with a single engine takeoff with max weight with the prevailing temperatures.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know they're not as far... but to suggest their dispatch reliability is poor, is not true. The incredible and safe 737 MAX is an issue. The aircraft was empty. The return even more lightly loaded.

That's lovely then, 737 MAX to Dubai with European C. Up against FlyDubai (who swap between a 738 and a 7M8) and Emirates, it's going to be a resounding success for Basia's coffers.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:25 am

I'm assuming the DXB flight is going to be filled with package tourists ... who don't care. These leisure routes are usually arranged and started in co-ordination with tour operators who block book to fill the seats. That fills the bird and pays for the fuel.
hugolover and fifty_two like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:53 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm assuming the DXB flight is going to be filled with package tourists ... who don't care. These leisure routes are usually arranged and started in co-ordination with tour operators who block book to fill the seats. That fills the bird and pays for the fuel.
Then they should not sell C-class.

If one of these 'influencers'/breakfast TV starts/'puelek' stars (https://www.pudelek.pl/) flies in this s$$t, they might get a lot bad publicity. Yes - they might grab a few PLN 5k idiots, but they can do this only once - then they will lose a client forever...
fifty_two and hugolover like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: UA MM
This looks to be as good a thread as any to ask this question: Which 738 configuration in J is used on TLV flights? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.