Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Status expiring February 2022 extended to February 2023

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
"The validity of your status will be adjusted automatically until the beginning of February 2022."

This threw me a little. But I'm guessing we should read until in the sense of before.
You would think.

Someone should pull the original German version. Their translations are usually mediocre.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
A little irritated. I requalified for HON so my status already lasts until February 2024. Essentially this good will gesture doesn’t really change the status quo (at least as far as my situation is concerned).
You would think that they would do something special for this scenario. You’re talking about HONs who actually qualified flying! But being M&M, they’re probably viewing it that they made it easier to qualify with the double miles so go fly a kite…
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
A little irritated. I requalified for HON so my status already lasts until February 2024. Essentially this good will gesture doesn’t really change the status quo (at least as far as my situation is concerned).
I'm sure the good folk who enriched our world with that splendid word Schadenfreude could come up with another for displeasure at the good fortune of others ...
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
"The validity of your status will be adjusted automatically until the beginning of February 2022."

This threw me a little. But I'm guessing we should read until in the sense of before.
This is very common in Denglish. Using until instead of by...
Xyzzy, chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by MichielR
It’s an age-old LH problem... It’s understandable because words like “bis” are always tricky to translate, and nobody’s perfect.. But all they need to do is show comms to a native speaker before letting them out... I’m sure a few people on FT would be more than happy to help!!😆 Instead, they send stuff like this with quite significant ambiguities. Not necessary...
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I think it's too soon. While 2023 will be probably fine, I think it's cutting it a bit close to announce new system at the beginning of 2022 and risk further delays. Another good reason to postpone new system announcement is to wait and see how the recovery will look. If the end result will be that the eventual mix will be more leisure heavy, perhaps the system can be tweaked for that (although I feel that it already is)

The absence of 0+1 bag concept in LH Group is one of the things I really dislike about them. At least LOT does have it...
Still, they are so massively represented in EU travel it's difficult for me to not fly LHg. And it's going to get even more so after the pandemic, with the likes of OK on life support and AZ ending up doing god knows what.

on transatlantic they do 0+1. I just had a trip sea-wro-sea in basic economy for $425 and they took my bag for free. one thing I love about pandemic are those rock bottom prices over atlantic.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NYC1
You would think that they would do something special for this scenario. You’re talking about HONs who actually qualified flying! But being M&M, they’re probably viewing it that they made it easier to qualify with the double miles so go fly a kite…
They already did a lot for HON, they rolled all the 2019 HON miles over to the start of this year, if a HON flew quite a lot in 2019 & the current double miles promotion it’s not difficult to requalify & I don’t suppose they can cover every case.
MichielR, vantage03 and roc83 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, FTL is the sweetspot for me also. Still it's broadly comparable to ST E+ segment based qualification in e.g. OK Plus or old Flying Blue.

To be fair to M&M, FTL is quite a strong Silver level. Lounges in hubs, free bag if not in LHg Light fare... at least with M&M integrated airlines it's pretty good, and that's also the reason that I do try and maintain it.
Another very useful thing I have had with FTL Star* Silver is a free bag allowance on all domestic UA flights. I think that's decent for a Silver status.

I'm one of those whose expiry date is in 2022 so I didn't benefit from a status extension last year. I could benefit from it this year, but I reckon I'll make it to qualification with the credit card promotion and some flights, which will extend me through to 2024. Despite this I am quite happy with the way things are and how they've been handled on the frequent flyer front. Probably wouldn't be, though, if I had spent a whole lot of money on SEN or higher.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 3:08 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by GlobalNomad
Got the second email as Oliver was expecting, but the news is even better than I could have hoped for. If you renew in 2021, status extension is to 2024. Good on LH because it could have been more complicated with rollovers. I for one am really pleased that giving extra premium biz to LH on my own dime is paying off! Makes me want to continue staying loyal.
But... your status extension was already going to be until February 2024? For years 22+23 + 2 months grace period?

Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa
on transatlantic they do 0+1. I just had a trip sea-wro-sea in basic economy for $425 and they took my bag for free. one thing I love about pandemic are those rock bottom prices over atlantic.
Yes, at least on transat it still counts. And of course LOT is not having this issue either.
The rock-bottom transat prices were tempting for me at times... until I remembered that I cannot actually get there. And don't feel like dealing with the airline to cancel/rebook. However chances are I'll book a ticket as soon as borders are open.

Originally Posted by Concerto
Another very useful thing I have had with FTL Star* Silver is a free bag allowance on all domestic UA flights. I think that's decent for a Silver status.
That is indeed useful, though I've never thought about it. I only ever just fly in the US and then drive around as a tourist...
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:11 am

Those FTL and SEN who qualify on the normal route (in other words, as if Covid never happened) get no extra status time. If your status was due to expire on 28/02/2022, and if by 31/12/21 you have 35K or 100K status miles, or (I think) if you go from 0 to 35K or 100K status miles in the period 01/01/2022 to 28/02/2022, your status is valid until the last day of Feb 24. So no extra.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Those FTL and SEN who qualify on the normal route (in other words, as if Covid never happened) get no extra status time. If your status was due to expire on 28/02/2022, and if by 31/12/21 you have 35K or 100K status miles, or (I think) if you go from 0 to 35K or 100K status miles in the period 01/01/2022 to 28/02/2022, your status is valid until the last day of Feb 24. So no extra.
If you qualify in 1-2 that's already counting as the next qualification period. so if you qualify until 28/02/22, your next qualification would be 23-24 and status would be valid until 28/02/2025. Or even 2026 if you are requalifying and your previous validity was for 22-23, I believe.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:39 am

If you qualify in 1-2 that's already counting as the next qualification period. so if you qualify until 28/02/22, your next qualification would be 23-24 and status would be valid until 28/02/2025. Or even 2026 if you are requalifying and your previous validity was for 22-23, I believe.
Well I guess it depends on what you have and what you fly.
- LH doesn’t have personal years like other carriers. A year is 01/01 to 31/12.
- Miles are not carried over from one year to another. At the end of every year, status miles are reset to zero.
- When you first qualify as FTL or SEN, you have status for the rest of that year, then 2 full years, then Jan and Feb of the year after that.
- Your requal years are the year following the one in which you requalify, plus the one after that.
- Except for the 35K or 100K status miles from the year in which you qualify for FTL or SEN, nothing else counts for status in that year.
- To maintain your status, you need to have 35K for FTL or 100K for SEN in either the year after the one in which you qualified, or in the year after that. Alternatively, it is possible to go from 0 to 35K for FTL, or from 0 to 100K for SEN, over the Jan and Feb just before your status expires.
- Except for 35K or 100K in the year after the one when you qualify, or in the year after that, nothing else counts for maintaining status.
- Requal is valid for 24 months.
- If you are FTL or SEN with an expiry date of 02/22, and if in either 20 or 21 you got or will get 35K or 100K, you will requal until the last day of Feb 24. If you then fly 35K or 100K in either 22 or 23, you will then requal until the last day of Feb 26.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by MichielR
Very common in Polglish too!
MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

also if you cared that much about miles expiring you could get the M&M credit card, which itself gives bonus miles. I was M&M blue from 2011-2016 and never had miles expire.
Many people in the UK had the M&M card for just this reason. Which worked fine until they cancelled it this April and the promised replacement (in the summer) has so far conspicuously failed to appear.

Fortunately, I'm FTL so I don't need to worry yet.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL PL
Lufthansa while rewarding travelers who did not travel and did not re-qualify for 2 consecutive years now, is somehow forgetting about their loyal members who kept flying with them despite difficult situation in which we are.

While I do not mind extension of non-active status's they should however not forget their active and loyal flyers and do something for them as well.

Miles and More should follow Delta Airlines Sky Miles example, where while extending any FTL status, they as well rollover any 2021 achievement, giving prompt start to their most active flyers. So, here Lufthansa could do the same, maybe at least rollover 2021 basic status qualifying miles ( without bonus ).

Maybe some initiative to LH from some close members would help
vantage03 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.