Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting LH about refund for voluntary cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Contacting LH about refund for voluntary cancellation

Need some guidance from the LH experts here regarding getting a refund from LH group. Due to Hungary not opening to Americans and the delta variant spike in the US making that unlikely to change, we chose to cancel plans to attend a wedding in late August. We had booked tickets ORD-BUD with fare basis PNA66FFC/FL01, which was described as refundable (possibly with a fee) when booking back in late May. Flights were OS outbound and LH return. It has been 3 weeks since I cancelled and requested the refund, but nothing has come through. The contact number I received - 800.645.3880 - has been a consistent recording that all lines are busy and to call another time, after which it disconnects.

My questions:
- How long are refunds taking for others? I am fine being patient if this falls within what is normal right now, but I also would like to have a sense of when I should start to be concerned.
- Is there a better way to contact LH than the number above? A different number that is actually answered or email? Btw, I have never had status on LH and long ago gave up maintaining my *Gold status via UA, so I cannot use any options for elite flyers.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by dfwoods
Need some guidance from the LH experts here regarding getting a refund from LH group. Due to Hungary not opening to Americans and the delta variant spike in the US making that unlikely to change, we chose to cancel plans to attend a wedding in late August. We had booked tickets ORD-BUD with fare basis PNA66FFC/FL01, which was described as refundable (possibly with a fee) when booking back in late May. Flights were OS outbound and LH return. It has been 3 weeks since I cancelled and requested the refund, but nothing has come through. The contact number I received - 800.645.3880 - has been a consistent recording that all lines are busy and to call another time, after which it disconnects.

My questions:
- How long are refunds taking for others? I am fine being patient if this falls within what is normal right now, but I also would like to have a sense of when I should start to be concerned.
- Is there a better way to contact LH than the number above? A different number that is actually answered or email? Btw, I have never had status on LH and long ago gave up maintaining my *Gold status via UA, so I cannot use any options for elite flyers.

Thanks in advance for the help.

i got my refund yesterday, for flights canceled in June.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Good to know. Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why would you cancel this far out? Better to wait until last minute and hope that LH cancels or there is a significant schedule change (= full refund).

From experience refunds like this takes up to 8 weeks to arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.