Wiki Posts
Search

Digital Document Check

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:24 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Just arrive 3hrs before departure, and assuming you've C or even F checkin ability, you should have plenty of time even for the lounge. There are things where it's worth to get annoyed about, and those where it's just not worth it. This is the later category..
With all due respect, I tend to disagree. If you travel with a 6 yr old and your flight leaves around 8 a.m. - I don't really fancy being there at 5 a.m., let along having to kick the family out of bed at 4 a.m. The overcrowded SEN Lounges can't make up for that. To add to that there are only two flights to our destination, with the second one being close to fully booked, too.

Tools like the document check are supposed to make a traveller's life easier, taking pressure off the airports. I don't expect MUC to be as bad as BER a couple of weeks ago, but with the start of the school hols this looks like the recipe for a perfect storm. They even issued a press release "warning" pax departing from MUC to allow for extra time.
Grog likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I was never able to upload my documents, probably because the first flight is booked under a UA flight number (operated by LH) which is throwing off the system.

However, I did online checkin for IAD-FRA-LIS tomorrow and got my boarding passes with ADOK. I was surprised!
Just a follow up: I ended up flying all the way to Lisbon with noone from Lufthansa ever looking at my EU Covid (Vaccine) certificate or negative test! Thought this was super odd! (The passport control in FRA did ask to see my EU Covid (Vaccine) certificate.)
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Flying to CDG in a few days, my revenue booking thru opodo was accepted after adding mr to the first name (olivermr), my families award via United is again not being accepted/recognised.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Trip to India tomorrow: uploaded all the stuff on LH's page (after going thru a few hoops on the Indian PLF) confirmation came in seconds. Was able to checkin (not possible before that) but still got the request to pick up the BP at the desk, the requirements of India are too complex I guess.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Flying to CDG in a few days, my revenue booking thru opodo was accepted after adding mr to the first name (olivermr), my families award via United is again not being accepted/recognised.
Were you ever able to get the United award bookings accepted or determine why it was not? I have been trying to do this all day for an United award booked onto Swiss. I can see the booking in my swiss.com profile, and also I can use confirmation number and name on swiss.com to view the booking without logging in, but the digital document check just keeps saying it can't find my ticket. Swiss twitter DM eventually advised me to call online checkin assistance, which was closed by that time, I'll try in the morning I guess.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Yes, gave up on that completely. Since you have option to upload your documents during mobile/app checkin, I didn’t bother to figure out the United award bookings.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:27 am

Now I am curious if anyone completed this on Swiss at all in the last 24 hours or so. I called several different numbers from Swiss, getting bounced around, but eventually an agent informed me that there's an IT issue, the form is not working correctly for anyone. I don't know if I believe it! Seems convenient. But it's possible. So I would be very curious to hear of experiences by others.

For comparison, Air France Ready2Fly saved me from an incredibly long check in line last month at BCN, so I am pretty motivated to get the documents uploaded!
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:07 am
Original Poster

You can clear the document check during online check-in so no stress.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyToLive
Now I am curious if anyone completed this on Swiss at all in the last 24 hours or so. I called several different numbers from Swiss, getting bounced around, but eventually an agent informed me that there's an IT issue, the form is not working correctly for anyone. I don't know if I believe it! Seems convenient. But it's possible. So I would be very curious to hear of experiences by others.

For comparison, Air France Ready2Fly saved me from an incredibly long check in line last month at BCN, so I am pretty motivated to get the documents uploaded!
Not sure if it's the same issue you are having but I was unable to upload documents this morning. The LH website said they couldn't find my ticket and/or that I'm outside the 72 hour window. I assume it's an IT issue as I am well within the 72 hour window. Unfortunately I find that when IT issues hit on a weekend, they often aren't addressed until the following Monday.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by LAXGUY
Not sure if it's the same issue you are having but I was unable to upload documents this morning. The LH website said they couldn't find my ticket and/or that I'm outside the 72 hour window. I assume it's an IT issue as I am well within the 72 hour window. Unfortunately I find that when IT issues hit on a weekend, they often aren't addressed until the following Monday.
Out of curiosity, who did you buy your ticket from? Is it a code share flight? Award or cash? Mine is an award from United, flying Swiss metal and shows the LX flight number (not a code share).

I tried pretty hard to report this issue yesterday during business hours, but they insisted it was specific to me at the time, and advised I had to speak to online check-in help over the phone, who by then were closed for the day. Of course this morning they were pretty to the point when I called them: that's not the check in, we don't run that, call the general Swiss number.

Truthfully I'm less anxious about it for tomorrow, which is an intra Schengen flight, and more wanting it for my flight to the US on Thursday, so hopefully this gets resolved soon...

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can clear the document check during online check-in so no stress.
I didn't see anywhere at all to do this during the web check in or Android app check in. Tried both. It does have a nice note in each suggesting I try the document check form. Where did you get prompted to scan your stuff?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:32 am

From the absolutely absurd lines I've just encountered at CPH, I think it's fair to say that the Lufthansa group digital document check is in fact totally down. It's utter chaos here as they appear to be staffed only for the people who couldn't successfully complete the online process.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:01 am

I am flying Swiss CDG via ZRH to EWR (paid, LX flight numbers) and it worked like a charm. Got the all clear one minute after the upload and was able to issue proper boarding passes at check-in
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Primenumber
I am flying Swiss CDG via ZRH to EWR (paid, LX flight numbers) and it worked like a charm. Got the all clear one minute after the upload and was able to issue proper boarding passes at check-in
Still unable to do it for my next flight, I spent a bunch of time today on the phone with Swiss and United. Swiss told me that the carrier whose ticket stock the ticket is issued in is where you must do the check. I don't think this is right because there's no information exchange that way outside of between the Lufthansa group airlines, but I'm not really sure what else I can do. Swiss basically says they don't know why it doesn't work and give a different theory every time. United does not understand that Swiss document check is not built into the general view of the booking on the Swiss site. I am very unhappy but I give up as there's nothing else I can do.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyToLive
Swiss basically says they don't know why it doesn't work and give a different theory every time. United does not understand that Swiss document check is not built into the general view of the booking on the Swiss site. I am very unhappy but I give up as there's nothing else I can do.
I'm finding the same thing. I'm flying on an LH flight to USA. Booked as LH flight number, but on a UA ticket as my outbound was on UA. The system seems to only work for LH flights on LH ticket stock (220). UA ticket stock (016) isn't possible, which is stupid.

It should be tied to the reservation, not to who ticketed your trip way back when.

Oh well, to the counter I will go.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:29 am

Just adding a data point. Flying to Munich in two days and tried to upload my vaccine info with the booking number given to me by Air Canada. I kept on getting an error when logging in but realized I needed to include my middle name as displayed on the ticket within the "first name" section. It worked like a charm for both of our tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.