Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Tests and health forms - flying LH back to USA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by JL Spencer
My wife and I just got through using that test about 20 minutes ago in frankfurt.
Great! It seems in Frankfurt the authorities are very familiar with this test by now. The issue is when there is a Lufthansa connecting flight from another part of the EU to Frankfurt. The traveler has to be prepared to connect the dots for the agent. I wish CDC in their guidance would list the names of authorized home tests, or that eMed would update their certificate to include some CDC verbiage.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingfromDC
Great! It seems in Frankfurt the authorities are very familiar with this test by now. The issue is when there is a Lufthansa connecting flight from another part of the EU to Frankfurt. The traveler has to be prepared to connect the dots for the agent. I wish CDC in their guidance would list the names of authorized home tests, or that eMed would update their certificate to include some CDC verbiage.
The email report has plenty of FDA verbiage at the bottom but I wouldn't feel too confident using that to convince an agent who is not familiar with the requirement!
Old Jul 20, 2021, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by kgreger1
Sorry if this sounds a little paranoid, but has anybody flown either Austrian Airlines or Turkish Airlines into the US, and used the BinaxNow test results? I'm having trouble contacting Austrian Airlines & Turkish Airlines basically says to make sure the test meets the US requirements. Thanks
My wife and I used the BinaxNow last week out of ZAG, connecting in IST, back to ATL with TK with no issues at all.

Did the test on Monday for a mid-morning Wednesday flight.
kgreger1 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:06 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
2 paper copies of health attestation for USA?

Hello all...transfered fine from sfo, fra, cdg with just vaccine card.

Now going back LH email says i need (in addition to digital covid test result) to have two PRINTED and signed copies if health attestation before departing. Can anyone confirm this is needed before I run out to look for a print shop?

Also LH also suggests their digital travel app to streamline check-in. Any experiences if this is worth using?

Thank you
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I have flown to the USA with Lufthansa multiple times during the pandemic and I was always handed an empty form of the Attestation Form at check-in so that I could fill it out.
YMMV but sometimes they collect it at FRA and sometimes they do not.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://lufthansa.travel-regulations...h-enabled=true

LH has this rule, which seems to be imposed on them, so better have the form handy to show.

Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:32 am

Last week at FRA we needed to show prints of our antigen test. Copy wasn’t collected and I have no clue why there’s a two copies requirement. But as Oliver said, come prepared.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, I flew CDG-ATL on DL a couple of weeks ago and was given one form to fill out at the check in desk and it was collected as we boarded the flight.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by mercflight
Last week at FRA we needed to show prints of our antigen test. Copy wasn’t collected and I have no clue why there’s a two copies requirement. But as Oliver said, come prepared.
I have the antigen on digital format. Was that not accepted? Were you traveling back to USA or transferring in FRA after arriving?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have flown to the USA with Lufthansa multiple times during the pandemic and I was always handed an empty form of the Attestation Form at check-in so that I could fill it out.
YMMV but sometimes they collect it at FRA and sometimes they do not.
Thanks istflyer. Did you need a print out of your antigen test like another poster here mentioned?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Thanks istflyer. Did you need a print out of your antigen test like another poster here mentioned?
I always had it printed but a digital copy should be fine.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
digital copy is fine, flew back from France recently and they accepted it.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:56 pm

I have the antigen on digital format. Was that not accepted? Were you traveling back to USA or transferring in FRA after arriving?
No transit, just FRA - MIA on LH. I didn’t try to use a digital copy since I had paper copies with me. Checkpoint was past security just before Z gates. Insane lines for economy, there’s a first and business line to the right but not easy to identify when you approach, took us 3 minutes to clear there, maybe two pax before us.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mercflight
Doesn’t the screenshot above say two signed and printed copies of the attestation form? I don’t see that it requires two signed and printed test results.

I haven’t flown LH to the US, but AA offered me to fill out the attestation online (which failed for some reason) and so they just gave me a form at the checkin counter to read, fill out, and sign. The agent there kept it.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:41 pm

Reporting back on cdg-fra-sfo. Nobody asked for or mentioned attestation form even though I had it, and digital antigen results from 3 days prior were accepted without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.