Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa refund policy

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Lufthansa refund policy

I am contemplating purchasing a “P class” fare to Europe this summer and I missed my chance to book it last week. Current price is about $600 higher. I’m wondering if I buy it now and the price drops at some future point would Lufthansa refund the difference in fare if I choose to rebook the ticket to a different departure/return date, or destination?
At the moment current rules allow for free ticket changes but require that you pay a difference in fare. But what if the new fare is lower? Would some kind of credit be given?
My planned trip is in August, so I suppose I can wait and see if the price drops again, but it may go higher... so I’m wondering what my best move would be.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No. You will need a cancellation or significant schedule change to be able get a (full) refund and book again

Just wait. Fares are likely to drop again.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The P fare is non refundable and LH doesn't do fare drop credits. But due to Covid19 they have a policy (which may be gone when you decide to change) that you can exchange the ticket value for a voucher which you can then use for other purchases.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
No. You will need a cancellation or significant schedule change to be able get a (full) refund and book again

Just wait. Fares are likely to drop again.
Thanks, I will do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.