Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can upgrade vouchers be used on LX/Edelweiss?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Can upgrade vouchers be used on LX/Edelweiss?

I plan to fly ZRH-MLE, flight operated by WK, and sold either as WK or LX.

Can I use my upgrade vouchers on that flight? Would I need to book it as LX or WK flight? Which Eco booking class has to be booked, which Business booking class has to be available?

Thanks
koriobg likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
WK is not part of the airlines that you can upgrade on: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...formation.html
Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
WK is not part of the airlines that you can upgrade on: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...formation.html
what about the WK flights that are more like LX flights but are WK wet lease of sorts? I find the WK situation quite opaque ....
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LX flights are upgradable, but not the LX8xxx codeshares op by WK.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 3:24 am

Programs: M&M FTL
You can use eVouchers and Miles for upgrades on WK.
2 eVouchers from Y to C, not possible to Y+.
Flights need to be booked on LX-Number.
All booking classes except T, E, K, L.
I class needs to be available, you can check availability through M&M Award Search.
There is a Waitlist. CH SEN line told me, that it usually clears T-48 on WK, as long as seats are available.
I used my eVouchers on MLE-ZRH a few weeks ago and waitlist cleared at T-48, even though there were only 3 seats available at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.