Search

Help Please - LOT WAW to TBS - Points booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Help Please - LOT WAW to TBS - Points booking

Hi All,
Apologies if this is else where on the thread - this is my first time in this forum (I am an BA boy normally)

I want to fly WAW to TBS, I have a few AMEX MR points to burn. I understand 2 MR = 1 MM.

How do I find out how much a return ticket is on a points basis? I have a SWISS MM account, but can create a new one if a better airline program is available.

Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Mileage calculator is available on the M & M app.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...lance/app.html
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
Mileage calculator is available on the M & M app.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...lance/app.html
Thank you.

OMG, how expensive is MM flights? 40,000 points (80,000 MR) for a 4hr short haul flight.

and I thought BA rewards could be pricey. WOW

Last edited by PGberkshire; Jan 31, 2021 at 11:50 am
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Depending on when you want to travel, LOT aren't that expensive on this route. Alternatively, Georgian Airways sometimes have decent prices from VIE. you could get the train down from WAW.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Regarding MM booking for miles, Europe to Caucasus region return flight requires 40,000 miles in Economy, 55,000 in Premium Economy and 70,000 in Business. One way bookings are half of these numbers.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
Depending on when you want to travel, LOT aren't that expensive on this route. Alternatively, Georgian Airways sometimes have decent prices from VIE. you could get the train down from WAW.
Agreed, I will pay cash (£120 each in economy, return)

Just assumed there might be a MM version of BA reward flight saver.

Cheers all
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M had flysmart, which was a discounted short notice (<14d) award. That was discontinued in 2019...
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Should never have been discontinued IMO, that's an award I often used (but admittedly less in more recent years due to the cheap cost of tickets in Europe).
FlySmart somehow softened the high mileage costs of M&M European awards.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:37 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Also LO has 'NajMILszy poniedzialek' ('The Monday Mileage Delight') promotion, that runs on some Mondays. I believe it is also run during COVID, as my mother who is a LO M&M member still gets these promo e-mails. The redemption levels are insanely low (even before COVID), but to make a booking you need to call them (LOT IT... you know...). Only a limited number of destinations is available each time.

BTW... this is today's promo - Europe RT is 10k miles, Seoul RT is 35k miles: https://www.lot.com/pl/en/mileage-ba...ryName=DM88551

Last edited by TPJ; Feb 1, 2021 at 3:36 am
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by TPJ
Also LO has 'NajMILszy poniedzialek' ('The Monday Mileage Delight') promotion, that runs on some Mondays. I believe it is also run during COVID, as my mother who is a LO M&M member still gets these promo e-mails. The redemption levels are insanely low (even before COVID), but to make a booking you need to call them (LOT IT... you know...). Only a limited number of destinations is available each time.

BTW... this is today's promo - Europe RT is 10k miles, Seoul RT is 35k miles: https://www.lot.com/pl/en/mileage-ba...ryName=DM88551
Pay attention to terms and conditions at the bottom:
"Promotion is valid only on Polish market" which probably means it is available only to LOT MM Members.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just switch your address to PL, book, then switch it back.
TPJ likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andywaw
Pay attention to terms and conditions at the bottom:
"Promotion is valid only on Polish market" which probably means it is available only to LOT MM Members.
I am surprised that is legal. Sounds like discrimination - whatever happened to a flat open market in the EU! lol
TPJ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.