Lounge in VIE reopens

Old Jul 2, 20, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titatnium, HH Gold
Angry Lounge in VIE reopens

Does anyone know if any of the OS lounges open in VIE? If not, how about the Priority Pass lounges?
Old Jul 2, 20, 11:48 pm
Suspended

No ETA for the Austrian lounges from what I understand. As for PP: The Sky Lounge in T3 is open (both Schengen and non-Schengen).
Old Jul 3, 20, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stuttgart21 View Post
No ETA for the Austrian lounges from what I understand. As for PP: The Sky Lounge in T3 is open (both Schengen and non-Schengen).
Thank you!! Finally taking a flight again in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what changes before then.
Old Jul 3, 20, 6:46 am

Programs: this and that
According to Mrs. cas_de, who flew MUC-VIE-MUC on Tuesday, OS told her that the lounges were supposed to open back up on Wed, Jul 1.
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Looks like the Sky Lounge is the only lounge open for right now - Austrian has this up on their website (saying business class customers for OS, LH, Brussels and Swiss can all use the Sky Lounge):

Mit 8. Juli 2020 haben unsere Business Class Gäste und Vielflieger auf Flügen mit Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS und Brussels Airlines Zutritt zur Sky Lounge Schengen im Terminal 3 (F-Gates). Die Lounge hat täglich von 5.00 bis 20.00 Uhr geöffnet.
Old Jul 15, 20, 5:13 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
I was in VIE on Sunday and it is indeed only the Sky Lounge that is open. We were there fairly early (10am-ish) but it was starting to get really busy at around midday with a queue outside at times.

The food & drink on offer isn't spectacular but much more than what LH is offering in Germany at the moment: a small buffet with some sandwiches, crisps, dip, etc. and the full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The only requirement is that you disinfect your hands before entering the buffet area.
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 16, 20, 2:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just a FYI for all non Senator/Hons card holders, but StarAlliance Gold, this Skylounge is non-accessible, you will have to buy access. This seems to be inline with the policy of the Lufthansa Group where they are not paying for 3rd party lounge access for non-Senator/Hons card holders. Check-in agent told me to complain to Customer Service if I wanted
Rather iffed by this policy - they could have played it a bit nicer by maybe offering a 5 or 10 Euro voucher for Star Alliance Gold members in my opinion rather than scuffing them off.

Anyways...did not suffer too much while waiting for my flight yesterday.

Cheers!

ps: onboard service seems to be really minimal, either water and tea/coffee. Not even a small snack offered. From what I could observed the Business tray was also quite simple. As for deboarding, a rather mix experience, arrival into VIE, they deboard by rows (but quite a number of other pax after seeing those first few rows standing up, they start to stand up too - in the end, it was free for all. Arrival into AMS, no such rules, every one deboard at once).
Old Jul 16, 20, 6:27 am

Programs: LH SEN
SkyLounge is not an LH Group lounge, not a *A lounge, not a *G lounge - why would LH pay for access of non SEN/HON *Gold flying in Economy Class?
Old Jul 17, 20, 10:54 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
Just to clarify, you can also enter the Sky Lounge with a M&M Frequent Traveller status (I think this was the first time that it saved my ..., since they didn't accept my A3*G).
Old Aug 7, 20, 6:56 am

Programs: Miles and More
Angry Lounge in VIE reopens

Hi there,
I would like to warn everybody that M&M Lounge in VIE is closed. They redirect you to partner SKY Lounge.
It will be closed for some time until more flyers will be flying.
On top of that I would warn probably everybody not on the OE, LH, LX tickets that even holding Senator badge you will be denied entry.
This is another bummer to M&M program especially today when not many customers fly and are not able to use priviledges built over previous years.
Do not be surprised if you will have to change your ticket due to flight disruption at least on LOT.
You will have to walk to Terminal 1 outside security zone anb back. You might be lucky and whole process will over under 1 hour.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 21, 20, 3:24 pm

VIE lounges are still closed?
Old Sep 21, 20, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by qwertyx64 View Post
VIE lounges are still closed?
Just went out of VIE 2 days ago, yes the actual Austrian lounge is closed but they’re using the lounge next door (forget the name) for business class and HON etc...they have a good variety of food and drinks, and it’s all by Do&Co which serves the Austrian lounges so it’s pretty much the same food and drink wise...this lounge they’re using seems pretty spacious, just doesn’t have views
Old Oct 16, 20, 8:31 am

Not sure if this was posted before but the Austrian business lounge (Schengen) in VIE has reopened and it’s pretty impressive!
When I checked my bags they told me they had a new catering company which surprises me..so I guess it’s no longer do&co
there are quite a few offerings, good wines and drinks area, there’s a fruit stand area, a soup, dessert (strudel) and sandwich area with good choices such as vegetarian or pork options and good quality.
there’s also a nicer area where one of the workers dishes you up some of the traditional dishes

Old Oct 16, 20, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL*S
Originally Posted by NickRivas View Post
Not sure if this was posted before but the Austrian business lounge (Schengen) in VIE has reopened and it’s pretty impressive!
When I checked my bags they told me they had a new catering company which surprises me..so I guess it’s no longer do&co
there are quite a few offerings, good wines and drinks area, there’s a fruit stand area, a soup, dessert (strudel) and sandwich area with good choices such as vegetarian or pork options and good quality.
there’s also a nicer area where one of the workers dishes you up some of the traditional dishes

looks good! I will check on Monday
Old Oct 20, 20, 12:29 pm

That does look like a huge improvement for VIE. I really don't think the issue was ever Do&Co, more like what OS were willing to pay them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: