Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I guess the holy grail is when to resume offering full F and HON belly rub services.
Oliver. Honestly this reference to "belly rub" is just bs. HON services have nothing to do with a belly rub. Its there to make travel seamless for LH's best customers. With all respect. I don't care about the food and drink and all this. But I care about the fact that booking now short connects through FRA and MUC is becoming a problem as nobody is there to help when there is issues. I don't know how much you travel. I am based in Milan and I am on the road every week. I am going with LH/LX because with the HON program I have the best chance to arrive as per plan or close to it. AF has failed with ULTI to deliver something similar. BA has upped their game a lot in LHR with fast connect for Premiers and F passengers where there is delays. LH stopped offering the only thing that differentiates them positively, at least for me.
There is many HON's outside of Germany (I was told its more than inside Germany). All your points on German business people returning is true, but that does not fill your premium product on the big birds LH uses. For that you need loyal connecting passengers. And LH totally disregards us. In fact LH is much worse now than my other options because they stopped caring and their service has just disappeared entirely.
Emirates for example is courting me literally once a month currently and they promise to deliver now on the ground short connect for me in Dubai. But I fly a lot also to the US and Latam and Emirates is not really an option.
So please stop using the expression "belly rub". I need these services as it helps me to make my life easier.
Old May 28, 2021, 12:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Not all of that is true.
FCT actually was built and opened for HON program launch.

And as I was told many times in FCT (when it was open I usually did not use FCL, asked every time driver to bring me from my connecting flight to closest exit to FCT), the main customer for FCT was HON Circle member and only about 30% of customers was just F pax.
Of course, many HONs also fly F.

Saving on prime regular clients was never working anywhere. Saving on non regular clients may work.

I also second to Chris63, that this is ridiculous to talk to influencers and bloggers in place of talking at first to most imporatnt customers and revenue makers.
Influecers and bloggers my attract some saver-flyers -- "cheap tickets to Mallorca" and maybe also explain, why BoB concept is good. But all the time classical airlines did earn most of the profit from the front of cabin.

Basic knowledge: just 20% of customers generate 80% of revenue is golden rule. And from that 20% of customers as well just 20%.
All logic of HON program was to attract high-spenders. It is ridiculous to hope, that those people will fly just most direct route and will choose Lufthansa anyway. NO. It is about service, service and one more time service, why most of HON members decided to become HON Circle members. I am quite sure, that most of airlines was and will be more than happy to accomodate those pax on their planes.
AF are doing currently very clever move by keeping FC services open. They may attract many currently HON customers. And some longhaul pax will move over to AF
LOT is doing great job by offering in WAW HON Services not available in FRA. And for intra-EU flights some HONs will now choose LO not LH.

I really hope, that LH management will unerstand it before it's too late.
It is basic knowledge, that keeping high end customers is always cheaper than buidl new high-end-spending loyal customers base.

I am happy that HON Circle Service still do function. They are very helpful and able to things never possible for any travel agencies (and also for LH local outstations).
I am happy that on long haul flights this year all the crews had very nice approach to me as HON member. Also looks for me that more intra-EU crews started to show attention and respect to HON's.
But no car in FRA and no lounge -- that is not acceptable and very difficult to tolerate.
One big problem with AF F is that despite any ultimate status unless flying F you dont get the F treatment or lounge!. And believe me connecting even in J through CDG can (or used to) be a messy thing... So HON seems to offer the best between luxury (in normal times) and service when not-flying F.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
One big problem with AF F is that despite any ultimate status unless flying F you dont get the F treatment or lounge!. And believe me connecting even in J through CDG can (or used to) be a messy thing... So HON seems to offer the best between luxury (in normal times) and service when not-flying F.
Yes, however a lot of HON, such as you & I fly F & there is no LH HON circle currently or to date in 2021 nor is there any indication when or if HON returns, that’s a massive fail by LH

Other airlines are doing better, although that’s hardly a challenge considering LH failings...
Old May 28, 2021, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
. Honestly this reference to "belly rub" is just bs. HON services have nothing to do with a belly rub. Its there to make travel seamless for LH's best customers. .
Either LH don’t understand this or they don’t care, neither are acceptable !
Old May 28, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by chris63
Either LH don’t understand this or they don’t care, neither are acceptable !
They fully understand as they are not stupid but they just want to safe money. Very short term thinking in LH management.
chris63 and FriendlyConfines like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:56 pm

I guess the holy grail is when to resume offering full F and HON belly rub services.
Why are you using this "belly rub" all the time, which is a unfriendly, negative expression and which seems to be meant to devalue the opinion of several people here?

And anyway, offering special and seemless service to paying customers is not "belly rubbing", it is something that loyal customers pay a lot for. I really dont get your point....
Grog, chris63, hugolover and 2 others like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pampering of top customers is probably a more apt description. The entire HON circle is a customer loyalty program for the perceived top 0.05%. Unlike an F ticket, where you can still make a case that you are not getting what you paid for, the HON features are something the group decided to give, and is not obliged to continue no matter what.

LH has decided that a consistent F product and the HON circle benefits is not part of their daily operations while they are digging their way out of the terrible shock the pandemic gave to it. Currently they are only operating 30% of their 2019 capacity and still loosing millions each day. They had to borrow money in the market and have a 6bn € credit line from the government to back it up. They had to ask the govt to take significant stake in their equity to get this line of credit.

What some of you are saying is that LH should restore the former glory of the FC pleasure temples. What I'm saying is that I don't think the moment has come yet. There is a large team at LH trying to find the right moment to *ReStart* (their project name) which part of the operations at what point. The numerous setbacks all of us experienced since the end of the last summer has probably made everyone cautious. Your guess is as good as mine
Old May 28, 2021, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pampering of top customers is probably a more apt description. The entire HON circle is a customer loyalty program for the perceived top 0.05%. Unlike an F ticket, where you can still make a case that you are not getting what you paid for, the HON features are something the group decided to give, and is not obliged to continue no matter what.

LH has decided that a consistent F product and the HON circle benefits is not part of their daily operations while they are digging their way out of the terrible shock the pandemic gave to it.

What some of you are saying is that LH should restore the former glory of the FC pleasure temples.
Utter rubbish !

Pampering, I paid by flying in C & F to obtain HON benefits which were defined & promised.

My business has suffered massively because of this pandemic, however I still provided my customers with the service I originally promised, it’s also arguably contractual

Who here asked for ‘ pleasure temples’ ??

I want a seamless travel experience as per the still promised service pledges described in my M&M account !
lhrpete, Grog, SFO777 and 4 others like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SebFra
What is still strange to me is that LH is talking to bloggers&Co, but not to their regular customers. If I remember correctly there was no communication at all for more than half a year. Remember, these are customers that have been flying extremely often on expensive tickets with them, and they do not even send a "status update" or whatever - instead they are communicatin with influencers only. A very bizzare way of acting from my personal point of view.....
Interestingly enough I was invited by LX management due to my HON status (LX does not know I have a little reach via a social channel). Seems this meeting was scheduled 26th of May and now in June. Can feedback what I hear during the event (in case others aren't invited yet/can't join/are curious).
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:03 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Pampering of top customers is probably a more apt description.

The entire HON circle is a customer loyalty program for the perceived top 0.05%. Unlike an F ticket, where you can still make a case that you are not getting what you paid for, the HON features are something the group decided to give, and is not obliged to continue no matter what.

What some of you are saying is that LH should restore the former glory of the FC pleasure temples.
These statements and the "belly rub" I disagree with. Its not about pampering or pleasure temples. HON for me has been a tool to have confidence in short connection through HUBS. I would not chose a 60 minutes connection through CDG or LHR. I would make sure to have at least two plus hours. In FRA or MUC when the HON service was still there on the Ground I knew I can make it. ZRH is still very good today, but Swiss has limited flights. This saves me time and most of all stress.
I could not care less whether they open the FCT or FCL I don't need that. A HON corner in the normal Business Lounge would be more than fine for me. Because I don't plan to go there in the first place. I prefer to land in the hub and to be gone again 60 minutes later. Lounge time is wasted time.
For the few times a year F passenger this is different. They want the indulgence. Me no, I just need confidence in a hub.
What you also don't seem to understand is that LH needs to offer this service as their entire business model is based on hub services. They don't have a locked in audience like AF, KL or BA. German customers are only part of the model with which alone they wont be able to maintain their network. And I refuse to believe that people from Hamburg or Dusseldorf areas are locked in in any way. The LH hard product is outdated, service standards are very low. Why would I fly with them if they cant give me the benefit of confidence in a quicker connection any more?!
Old May 29, 2021, 1:18 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
It is clear that there are (at least) two very different types on HON/F customers: those that control their own budget and timings and therefore choose to fly LH Group from/via one of the hubs partly because of the ground services, and those that are subject to corporate rules that for the time being include travel bans or restrictions. I'm very much part of the latter group, not having set foot on a plane for more than a year now.

It is, I believe, due to (former) customers like me that LH has chosen to suspend F ground services and close F lounges. Their calculations probably show that the number of corporate travelers for whom this suspension makes no difference is far larger than the number of people who don't choose LH due to a lack of such facilities. Or better put: the revenue they now forego due to the autonomous travelers not choosing LH is less than the cost of the F/HON infrastructure.

Clearly their fleet planning decisions have impacted this equation: fewer F seats means fewer potential users of the F/HON services too. But, again speculating, similar calculations must have played a role in the fleet decisions: had there been sufficient numbers of F travelers to keep more F seats and revenue, then the decisions might have been different. However, the lack of corporate travel suggests that this was not possible.

I totally understand the frustration experienced by those who are still/again flying and not getting what LH promised pre-pandemic. However, I also appreciate that when I am allowed to travel again (and probably at much lower frequency, but that's another story...) LH Group will try and capture as much of my business as possible. They expect corporate travel to be much lower than it was, and as they were geared towards corporate travel, they must realize that their captive travelers from DE/CH won't automatically come back to an inferior C product and poor FRA experience automatically.

Lack of communication about the new qualifying system is probably a symptom of continuous review, so I expect another year of extensions before further tweaks are announced. I am also expecting a review of the F ground services and lounges, now that fewer F seats and fewer HON are anticipated in the future. If LH negotiates a special security channel with Fraport, I'd fear that the FCT could go but the FCL and car transfers will remain for F pax. Whether HON will remain as is probably depends on how corporate travel will recover.
MumbaiDan likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by chris63
Utter rubbish !
I totally agree!

Sheesh, I came here to see if the FCT/FCL is reopening. Instead, I am getting the "Fly AF LP, they serve food so I can withdraw my social security to buy a ticket that I can afford to reposition from MEX and post here so I can gain more fanboys to like my posts on FT, only idi*ts would fly LH for not having FCT/FCL open, I know about HON more than anyone ever will" rhetoric.

Wait, this post only has 5 likes? Time to gather more so you all can be the true MEAN GIRLS you aspired to be in high school! Go class of 1915!!

Moderator, I think you should suspend them just for have different opinions than you....isn't that what moderators are supposed to do?

Oh Flyertalk how I miss thou.....

Oh don't mind me. Continue your on-topic discussion about whether or not FCL/FCT will reopen! You clearly are all the VIP flyers LH intends on capturing!
TicketandPassport likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I totally agree!

Sheesh, I came here to see if the FCT/FCL is reopening. Instead, I am getting the "Fly AF LP, they serve food so I can withdraw my social security to buy a ticket that I can afford to reposition from MEX and post here so I can gain more fanboys to like my posts on FT, only idi*ts would fly LH for not having FCT/FCL open, I know about HON more than anyone ever will" rhetoric.

Wait, this post only has 5 likes? Time to gather more so you all can be the true MEAN GIRLS you aspired to be in high school! Go class of 1915!!

Moderator, I think you should suspend them just for have different opinions than you....isn't that what moderators are supposed to do?

Oh Flyertalk how I miss thou.....

Oh don't mind me. Continue your on-topic discussion about whether or not FCL/FCT will reopen! You clearly are all the VIP flyers LH intends on capturing!

Wow, can you recommend what your smoking ? Someone, somewhere might be interested
dcmike, MumbaiDan, esledo and 2 others like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 4:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I can understand the furstration of some people here, but I must agree it could come across as being a bit entitled to outsiders tbh. I mean most HONs here are actually quite pleasant compared to most I know IRL or have seen in lounges or on flights, which take themselves way too seriously.
Well, I don't know, for me personally I don't feel it's worth it getting agitated over the lack of service or lounges currently, there's enough stressful stuff going on in the world already. But then again, I haven't set foot on a plane since September 2019... My advice, which really isn't meant in a demeaning way at all, is to just take a step back watch some Bob Ross and take it easy. Things will improve eventually and when they do we can all be happy.

Well, I for one am looking forward to when the FCL/FCT reopen, whenever that may be

I was thinking of using my open F ticket to SIN this autumn and be a bit creative with the routing. My idea was (KBP-)ZRH-LX-HKG-SQ-SIN-SQ-HND-NH-FRA-ZRH(-KBP)
Sadly SQ has suspended their A380 flights between HKG and SIN and afaik there is no F between SIN and HND currently :/ Plus it's not sure the lounges will be open. Not to mention I can't actually enter most of the mentioned places above :P
I really wanted to fly the new NH F once though... I guess it'll have to wait a bit longer.

So I guess my next F flight will be in June 2022 when I fly ZRH-MUC-FRA-JFK-GVA-ZRH, exactly to visit some fo the above mentioned lounges, which at that point will hopefully have opened again

And I'm looking forward to that
lhrpete likes this.

Last edited by Nick Art; May 31, 2021 at 4:13 am
Old May 31, 2021, 5:08 am

At least FCL A is opening tomorrow. Now lets hope that FCT will be back soon as well....
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.