Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH: ZRH/MUC/SFO - another security ck in MUC?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Gold
LH: ZRH/MUC/SFO - another security ck in MUC?

Flying 22 June connecting in MUC from ZRH, all flights LH, wondering if facing another security check in MUC?
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:52 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by nzpilot
Flying 22 June connecting in MUC from ZRH, all flights LH, wondering if facing another security check in MUC?
Defintely a doc check taking place at MUC, if you have the dreaded SSSS on your boarding pass you will enjoy a second security screening (taking aside if the flight will actually operate and assuming you are allowed to board the flight).
Old Jun 7, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Also as far as I've seen, the German border control is performing checks upon arrival from all flights outside Germany ( including Schengen )
I've seen on a trip report that arriving Schengen pax at FRA were bussed to ANS and some checks were performed at the passport control booths over there so this means that pax arriving at FRA should re-clear security one more time. I guess that a similar process would occur in MUC.

This is the trip report
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
All flights from MUC to the USA have a mandatory (extra) security check. After arriving from ZRH in terminal G or K you will need to go through passport control as you are leaving the schengen zone and then the special (extra) USA security control on the way to terminals H or L.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Gold
Thanks for all the feedback. I wasn't concerned about the doc check as much as yet another bag screening. Flying biz, so hoping to have my 2 carry on allowance, but not likely if having to undergo another screening in MUC. I guess. As I understand it, LH will check the additional carry on at no cost, but the additional carry-on allowance was one of the reasons I bought the biz seat. Alas. A single 8Kg bag does not accommodate critical items I prefer not to separate from. Such is the covid travel cost. Thanks again for the reality check....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.