Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Great, thanks very much, lots of useful and interesting information there, as well as in the link in post #148 above. Bottom line is, as I see it, if I want to fly (on LX from GVA-FRA) I will need to present a negative Covid test at check-in/boarding. If I take the train, I can do it on arrival.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Concerto
Great, thanks very much, lots of useful and interesting information there, as well as in the link in post #148 above. Bottom line is, as I see it, if I want to fly (on LX from GVA-FRA) I will need to present a negative Covid test at check-in/boarding. If I take the train, I can do it on arrival.
You could potentially intrepret it legally in a different way, but if you want to have peace of mind, that would be the conclusion in my opinion...
Old Feb 11, 2021, 2:03 am

As long as you have only been in Switzerland (a risk area, but not in the list of high risk or variant areas) the last 10 days then you do not need a test to board the flight (or train) but you must either have (1) taken a test up to 48 hours before arrival OR (2) take a test within 48 hour of arrival in Germany.

Regardless of having taken the test before or after, you need to register (https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de) before entry. This is likely to be checked both on the train and flight arrival.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
That's what I meant above: this is the strict legal interpretation, but the quoted link leaves that a bit open:
A negative test result can also be demanded by the Federal Police in the context of checking duties (entry control at the airport or controls performed close to borders when crossing internal borders by land)

Hence: have a test with you and you avoid all discussions.
Btw - a friend traveled from Switzerland to Germany last weekend by train. No checks whatsoever during the 2 days she stayed, neither on the train nor anywhere else.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Just some days before departure between Schengen countries. IATA and my destination country both states that as a passenger I do not need PCR test taken before entering the destination country connecting via FRA airport. I just hope Lufthansa agrees with me. There are no information about what does the carrier demand from its passenger. Also LH website is misinformation about destination country Covid test demand. It states the opposite than IATA and Health Ministry.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8420PR
As long as you have only been in Switzerland (a risk area, but not in the list of high risk or variant areas) the last 10 days then you do not need a test to board the flight (or train) but you must either have (1) taken a test up to 48 hours before arrival OR (2) take a test within 48 hour of arrival in Germany.

Regardless of having taken the test before or after, you need to register (https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de) before entry. This is likely to be checked both on the train and flight arrival.
Well, I've bought the train ticket now (€45 to Düsseldorf) so I won't be flying. I did read that SWISS require a PCR test before boarding, no matter what.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I noticed upthread a reference to this, but the link in post 123 is not found. I looked for this exact post/link from LH itself, did not see it so adding here.

Mods - feel free to move/merge

Full page
https://www.lufthansa.com/hk/en/faq-mouth-nose-cover

romans likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I understand it, SWISS will demand a negative Covid test for any flight that you will board which leaves from Switzerland. If that now turns out not to be the case, then I am happy to have opted for the train in this mess of disinformation that this Corona stupidity has become. The authorities are really not helping the airlines with this, they are damaging them.
Koby and more4less like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
My wife is flying from Houston to Oslo, through Frankfurt on upcoming Tuesday.

initially we had booked KLM but found that Netherlands require a PCR test + a rapid test less than 4 hours prior to flight.

Does anyone know what the current requirements are for Frankfurt and Lufthansa at the current moment? Do they have the same as KLM?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The US is classified as high incidence area. If your final destination would have been Germany, you would have required a test. If Norway doesn't need a test, you can connect without a test in FRA:

All passengers with a connecting flight to a destination outside Germany must observe the entry regulations of the corresponding destination country
https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information.html
esledo likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: spg Gold for life / Ba gold / LX Sen / Hyatt Globalist
No more alcoholic drinks LH business class long haul after meal ?

Heard that LH is no longer serving drinks (even wine) outside meal on long haul. ? Can anyone confirm or is it crew laziness
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are some new restrictions in place how long pax can take off the mask. So it may be a combination of both
Old Feb 13, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The US is classified as high incidence area. If your final destination would have been Germany, you would have required a test. If Norway doesn't need a test, you can connect without a test in FRA:

https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information.html
Thank you Oliver !
Old Feb 13, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yuck, I hope this is a joke.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by cfischer
yuck, I hope this is a joke.
having witnessed how some fellow pax kept sipping on their Glas for 10 hours... it makes sense.
Yreal and romans like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.