Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 6:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yikes, someone got the stats of the tests given to returning pax in CGN/DUS/DTM and the positive rate is 2-3%:

Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yikes, someone got the stats of the tests given to returning pax in CGN/DUS/DTM and the positive rate is 2-3%:

https://twitter.com/MKreutzfeldt/sta...67095053901825
Are they testing everyone or only pax that consider that can be positive?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If you are returning from so-called risk areas you are required to go for a test or stay home for 14 days. Of course it can't be enforced, so it is a subset of passengers arriving. Last Friday I was at MUC and saw the testing center, the queues were rather long and it looked like you have to wait 15-20 minutes for your turn. So it may be that only the people who think they might have something stay long enough in the queue.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:56 pm

I’ll be arriving at FRA on a Sunday morning 8:25am and will get a test at Centogene, the EUR 139 expedited one.
I have heard about 2 hour waiting in line but it appears the expedited version has a dedicated fast track line, can anyone confirm by any chance? Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:55 pm

There are two test centers in FRA, roughly at the same location. One is operated by Centogene, the other by the Red Cross. The former has the ability to prebook.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I saw some articles today say that all arriving passengers in Germany are now required to take a covid test at the airport. Does this include transit passengers staying in the non-Schengen zone?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by mercflight
I’ll be arriving at FRA on a Sunday morning 8:25am and will get a test at Centogene, the EUR 139 expI edited one.
I have heard about 2 hour waiting in line but it appears the expedited version has a dedicated fast track line, can anyone confirm by any chance? Thanks!
I can confirm that, done it multiple times. Once you arrive, go to the so-called "boarding captain" and let them know you have paid for fast track. There is a seperate line for fast track and I have not experienced any waiting time there so far. Normally you will only need a maximum of 10 minutes for the whole process.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
I saw some articles today say that all arriving passengers in Germany are now required to take a covid test at the airport. Does this include transit passengers staying in the non-Schengen zone?
No, starting tomorrow German residents arriving from so called 'risk countries' have to take a test within 72 h of arrival.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:46 pm

Flew inside Europe today, first time after February. The usual melee in front of the gate, repeated announcements to distance fell on semi-deaf ears. On board only 10 seats were empty, so not many empty middles. Service in Y was still elizabethen water bottles, the ones they usually hand out in longhaul C for the night. C got full tray service with drinks trolley.

Multiple announcements during the flight to keep the masks on: it seems a few pax insisted on taking their masks off. Deboarding was by row to ensure some distancing.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:12 pm

Very good, happy to hear this. Thanks!
Re SebFra‘s response above
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SebFra
I can confirm that, done it multiple times. Once you arrive, go to the so-called "boarding captain" and let them know you have paid for fast track. There is a seperate line for fast track and I have not experienced any waiting time there so far. Normally you will only need a maximum of 10 minutes for the whole process.
How long does it take to get the results? They advertise 6 hours, is it less than that? And how do you get the results, paper or email?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by fatlasercat
How long does it take to get the results? They advertise 6 hours, is it less than that? And how do you get the results, paper or email?
That actually depends.
They were advertising 3 hours for the express test and just changed it to 4 hours recently, and since today it even shows 6 hours... I suppose the demand is growing since they also provide the free tests for all people returning.
When it still showed 3 hours, it once also took about 7 hours for me. I do very much hope that at least the waiting time at the airport will still be short with the express option.
So you should be aware that "express" will most probably speed up the process, but it will still take some time.

You can only see the result by logging in into their website. You will however be notified by email once there is a result available.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 5:19 am

I’ll be at FRA Sunday in a week, will be happy to report back how long the express test takes, both wait time at airport and then result. I’m hoping for a short line since the quick test has lost a bit of it‘s appeal, going up from 3 to 6 hrs, might be less people using it now.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:37 am

Arrived in FRA today on LH, went straight to Centogene center, separate line for express test. Wait time and test all in all 20 minutes I’d say. Then 6:30 hrs for result, via email notification that result is available and then login on Centogene website.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Flew inside Europe today, first time after February. The usual melee in front of the gate, repeated announcements to distance fell on semi-deaf ears. On board only 10 seats were empty, so not many empty middles. Service in Y was still elizabethen water bottles, the ones they usually hand out in longhaul C for the night. C got full tray service with drinks trolley.

Multiple announcements during the flight to keep the masks on: it seems a few pax insisted on taking their masks off. Deboarding was by row to ensure some distancing.
On the way back from Sweden we had a German Karen in C who proudly refused to wear a mask and presented a document from her doctor to show that all her family didn't require it. She loudly educated anyone within sight that masks are a stupid idea. Also the fact that her vegan SPML was not loaded was a major issue.

It seems because of such Karens LH today published an update to the exemptions:

https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...pulsory-masks/

Flying without mask only with a medical certificate and negative Covid-19 test

The airlines of the Lufthansa Group are restricting the exceptions from the obligation to wear a mask on board their flights. From 1 September 2020, an exemption from the obligation to wear a mask during the flight for medical reasons will only be possible if a medical certificate is presented on a form provided by the airline. Passengers can download the document from the airlines' websites. In addition, passengers who are unable to wear a mask during the flight must present a negative covid-19 test, which is not older than 48 hours at the scheduled begin of the journey. This ensures maximum safety for the passengers travelling with them.

As of today, passengers will be comprehensively informed about the new requirements, including on the airlines' websites and social media channels, as well as via e-mail and via SMS. This is intended to give customers the opportunity to adapt to the changed rules in good time.

The airlines in the Lufthansa Group already introduced compulsory masks on board their flights at the beginning of May, making them one of the first airlines worldwide to do so. Exceptions to this rule were previously only possible with a medical certificate. The new rules on the compulsory wearing of masks now ensure even better protection for all passengers.
https://www.lufthansa.com/content/da...0200820-en.pdf
Grog and zeer0 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.