Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: LOT resuming flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Polish government has extended ban on international flight to June 15th

LH now saying they atart flying to Poland in July .

I can see the international flight ban being extend week by week to end of June at least
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
On LOT web is information, that they will not fly any international route in June.
It's actually sad.
I dont know about Polnad, but on other markwets they (and others, who do not fly or start veeery carefully) will just loose their market share.
I am sure there is lot of poeple who want to travel and are not scared. So they will take another airlines. Because _their regular airlines_ just are too affraid.
Sad.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I have a suspicion they have been told polish airports will stay closed to international flights till end of month. I expect further announcements by the Polish government extending the closure. This is better than letting people book and then having to cancel. Till a few days ago LH were saying they would fly from Krakow from June 7th. That recently changed to 'July'. LOT are flying expensive charters. There was on to London this week, 1200pln one way. There will be a flight to ORD on June 12th. Not sure the price, i expect 4000pln in Y.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:32 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Not bad at all.
curious when LH will finally open First lounges and Services again. Before that, I try to avoid them.
Pictures in this post made me book the PLN 103 (including optional Eco fee) fare to KRK
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:00 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum

LOT POLISH AIRLINES SCHEDULE UPDATES FOR JUNE
(June 7, 2020)

LOT Polish Airlines (LO) announced during its weekly report, that most domestics flights will be operated without disruptions until June 30, 2020.
[...]
Following the unstable situation on the aviation markets and restrictions applied mostly due to the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus by Poland Government and worldwide, all international flights operated by LO and its subsidiaries scheduled from June 15 to June 30, 2020, have been canceled.
[...]
During the pandemic, LO only operated cargo operations with its passengers Boeing 788 and B Boeing 789 to several airports around the globe from the main hub.
On April 27, 2020, Reuters reported that LOT was in talks with Boeing to find a solution to modify a few Boeing 789 from its passenger version to the cargo Boeing 789(F).

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/lot-...ates-for-june/
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:53 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Posted yesterday:

LOT Polish Airlines has advised the Embassy that they will run a charter flight from Warsaw to Chicago (ORD) on Friday, June 12, at 4:40 PM. If you would like to purchase a ticket on this flight, you must fill out this form once for each traveler (including small children). This is a new form specifically for this flight. Please fill out the form, even if you have previously filled out a different form and ensure that all information is entered correctly. The Embassy will confirm your eligibility and forward your information to LOT. LOT will contact you by phone or e-mail to purchase your ticket. The airline may call at any time, including early morning or late evening. Please have a bank card or any card that can be used to make online payments ready in order to pay for the tickets when LOT calls. LOT will send an e-mail if they are not able to reach you by phone. By providing this information to us, you consent to our providing it to LOT for the purpose of facilitating your return to the United States. These are not U.S. government operated or funded flights. Availability and cancellations are controlled by LOT. At this time, the United States government has no plans to charter an evacuation flight out of Poland.

https://pl.usembassy.gov/message-to-...s-june-8-2020/
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:20 am

Officially: Poland will open its borders from Friday to Saturday. - From 13 June we have been opening borders to European Union countries - Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said. International flights will resume from Tuesday, 16 June.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jun 10, 2020 at 9:27 am
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Officially: Poland will open its borders from Friday to Saturday. - From 13 June we have been opening borders to European Union countries - Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said. International flights will resume from Tuesday, 16 June.
Also confirmed: no quarantine...

And small inconsistencies: they refer to EU, but then also mention no control on the borders (Schengen), so this would apply to NO and CH, right?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
And small inconsistencies: they refer to EU, but then also mention no control on the borders (Schengen), so this would apply to NO and CH, right?
It applies to both EU, EEA and UK countries.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
It applies to both EU, EEA and UK countries.
not sure about uk, at the moment even the british embassy in warsaw cannot confirm it covers uk. ( i am in coversation with them on the topic).

if you have some confirmation about the uk it would be great and i can share with the embassy
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:03 am

British embassy has today confirmed with the Polish Ministry if Foreign Affairs that this does include the UK and has updated the FCO pages accordingly
jason8612 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder which routes will not resume in Europe or will be at severely reduced capacity. Three times a day to most major cities was the norm. It doesn’t make sense to fly the summer programme as if nothing happened.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
They shouldn't. It does name sense, however. as flights into and in Poland have to be half full only.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Earlier this week I was looking for flights to/from India and it seems LO has filed the normal daily DEL flight from July 1 onwards. Super weird, considering the Indians are not allowing any flights into the country for now.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Earlier this week I was looking for flights to/from India and it seems LO has filed the normal daily DEL flight from July 1 onwards. Super weird, considering the Indians are not allowing any flights into the country for now.
Normal schedule is up for the moment. They've not changed operating carrier on WAW-TLL either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.