Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: LOT resuming flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As often with LOT I can answer my own questions. I'm told the lounge will open at the end of JUN because "we don't make any money on lounge fees for LOT flights". I guess Helga's token WAW resumption won't be a cash cow.

Right now they're modifying the lounge to remove all self-service. I can't see how that would work in the space they have...

Shame, but I think I'll not go out of my way to fly for a miserable metal-chair terminal experience.
Old May 27, 2020, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone who is holding onto a LOT SAVER ticket cancelled due to the flight ban and hoping to change destination be very careful:

ONLY tickets issued on/after 10 APR have this in the fare rules which means tickets issued prior to this date cannot change destination if they are in Saver tariff. You would need Standard and Flex. I am of course referring to cancelled flights.

I was keeping a good few tickets believing quite wrongly that I could change destination and benefit from the 200 PLN fare difference discount. I have no need to visit those destinations anymore. Those tickets will now need to be added to the refund queue. It seems the tickets I changed back in March slipped through the net, so to speak.

Bizarrely. You can change a Saver ticket today that is not cancelled according to Waiver2020 policy. Whoever came up with this crackpot plan is a First Class pillock. They have added more tickets to the refund queue.

Helga's policy is therefore more generous because she makes no issue what fare you were booked in if you wish to change destination and use her 50 EUR discount. It almost feels like a mistake on LOT's part because its so stupid.
Old May 27, 2020, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even Saver tickets issued in O-Class have this new text for reservations made after 10 APR 2020. Those issued before do not.

ANY TIME
PER TICKET CHARGE EUR 70.00 FOR REISSUE/
REVALIDATION.
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
WAIVERS MUST BE EVIDENCED BY DEATH CERTIFICATE
------------------------------------------
REBOOKING/REISSUE IS A ROUTING/DATE/FARE BASIS
FLIGHT MODIFICATION
FARE CAN BE REISSUED TO OTHER LO INTERNATIONAL
FARES WITHIN SAVER/STANDARD/FLEX/PREMIUM/BUSINESS
FARE FAMILY WHICH ARE EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN THE
ORIGINAL FARES EXCLUDING BRO/ZRO FARE TYPE CODES
ALL CONDITIONS OF THE NEW FARE MUST BE MET
AND PASSENGER PAYS THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE PLUS
CHANGE OF RESERVATION FEE IF ANY APPLIES.

Prior to April 2020

ANY TIME
CHANGES NOT PERMITTED IN CASE OF NO-SHOW/REISSUE/
REVALIDATION.
WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
WAIVERS MUST BE EVIDENCED BY DEATH CERTIFICATE
----------------------------------------------
IN CASE OF FARE COMBINATION RESTRICTIONS APPLY
PER FARE COMPONENTS.
Old May 27, 2020, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went through my emails just now. I have over 50 cancellation emails from no-replay(LOL)@lot.com showing the PNR in big letters at the top offering me change of destination for 200 PLN discount. At the bottom it shows the date, routing and RBD.

Legally, they've got no legs to stand on if they continue to say these can't be changed. I have a document inviting me to change destination clearly stating the PNR's in question. I hope they don't make me sue them. That will be such a faff!
Old May 28, 2020, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I knew I'd been missing something and it's the references to Helga! Long may they continue even if now due to so much debt she is living in reduced circumstances for the foreseeable future.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Any news of international flights restart schedule?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Some flights cancelled until 19th June.

Last edited by iLied; Jun 1, 2020 at 6:11 am
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hdogan
Any news of international flights restart schedule?
government ban till june 6th. Waiting to see if extended. Krk airport say LH start june 7th, most others July 1st
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Krk currently say ...
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I'm more interested in the other way around, LOT restarting their international schedule
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
I'm more interested in the other way around, LOT restarting their international schedule
No idea what’s going on as they’ve just cancelled their international flights until 19th June.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iLied
No idea what’s going on as they’ve just cancelled their international flights until 19th June.
As we are in the realm of commercial decisions than government bans it will keep shifting by a few days to a week to keep EC261 at bay. Plus, remember the Ponzi scheme for generating cash.
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
As we are in the realm of commercial decisions than government bans it will keep shifting by a few days to a week to keep EC261 at bay. Plus, remember the Ponzi scheme for generating cash.
Funnily enough, yesterday an agent told me I would have to change my flight under ordinary fare rules before the original flight date, otherwise if I didn’t show up my ticket will be cancelled. Also the information given to them yesterday is all flights operating from 15th June.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iLied
Funnily enough, yesterday an agent told me I would have to change my flight under ordinary fare rules before the original flight date, otherwise if I didn’t show up my ticket will be cancelled. Also the information given to them yesterday is all flights operating from 15th June.
Sounds like a bad agent. All tickets for operating flights are changeable FOC within the same RBD otherwise a discount on the new fare basis of 200 PLN. Saver issued after 10 APR can change destination with a 200 PLN discount on the fair basis. No change between domestic and international and vv.

The agent needs to endorse the tickets with WAIVER2020. COVID19 waiver is for canx flights only.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Sounds like a bad agent. All tickets for operating flights are changeable FOC within the same RBD otherwise a discount on the new fare basis of 200 PLN. Saver issued after 10 APR can change destination with a 200 PLN discount on the fair basis. No change between domestic and international and vv.

The agent needs to endorse the tickets with WAIVER2020. COVID19 waiver is for canx flights only.
Yup, next time was going to ask for a supervisor. Although now my ticket falls under COVID-19 waiver, as I got two emails from LOT saying that both segments were canx.

Is this only for new Saver fares? Or would a standard ticket bought now allow this too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.