Search

LOT Polish refunds

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
LOT Polish refunds

Hi everyone

I was told by email and on the phone that I wouldn't get a refund, only flight credit. After insisting, I got the following link:
apps dot lot dot com slash form slash zmiana-zwrot
(I'm a new user, so can't post urls yet )

Hope it's useful for some of you too

Oliver
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Oliver. I think you could have saved yourself a call though, LOT have never hidden the possibility of a refund. Just remember that this form only works for directly booked tickets and not agency ones.

This page https://www.lot.com/pl/en/current-re...nd-information clearly shows refund is possible on the form you mention linking to https://apps.lot.com/form/zmiana-zwrot then you choose "flight cancelled" then choose "refund".

There is no fight for a refund and they have not blocked the website from offering refunds like BArb, LH Group, AF-KL, TAP, Aegean...any many more.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Thanks for your thoughts.
  1. The emails they sent me did not specify a full refund as an option.
  2. They told me on the phone that it wasn't an option, until I asked to speak to a manager.
  3. It's actually hidden in the link you sent. Note how there's a "1", a "2" and a "3"? And yet the "full refund" option isn't numbered and doesn't have a heading
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you fill out the form it couldn't be clearer. Maybe they don't write it so clearly in the first text, but who cares cos when you actually use the form which is the same for rebooking, voucher, change of destination the refund option is prominently displayed.

Click the link form link. Choose flight cancelled. Four radar options come up. Choose refund. Fill out the form.

Remember, refund needs to be done through an agency if that is how you booked. The other three can be done via LOT directly.
Attached Images    
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
LOT refund requested in April has just arrived. Requested using their online form available at the time.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
My LOT flight was cancelled in June. The refund using the link has just come through 5 months later.

Just my TAP flight, cancelled in April to go...
Old Nov 3, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CoweyB
My LOT flight was cancelled in June. The refund using the link has just come through 5 months later.

Just my TAP flight, cancelled in April to go...
You can thank me! I'm the only one putting beans in Basia's plant pot.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:33 am

Has anyone had recent experience with LOT voluntary refunds? I have a full flex fare ticket (0 refund penalty presumably), which I requested a cancelation and refund for, using the online form. The flight is in a few weeks. There is no guidance in the form or the confirmation email as to how long the processing might take.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:08 am

Merely a data point here but I requested one in July and nothing has come through yet, I’m sure it will appear at some point but I’m certainly not going to lose my will to live over it. Admittedly my initial intention was to just amend the travel dates but both app and website kept returning an error message and, after a number of attempts, I just gave up. Also, the acknowledgment e-mail wrongly states that one can ask for a voucher instead (C-19 arrangements, I guess), they probably forgot to update it.

G
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:24 pm

Ouch, not good. It's an expensive ticket so I do actually care to get the money. Also if the reservation is not canceled before the travel date, it would become a "noshow".
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won’t be no-showed. They will see you submitted the request before and you also have a conf.

Why didn’t you use the cancellation button, rather than the form, then it’s done automatically. Did it not work or there was no option?

As you’re in C, you could also call, call waits are short.

I heard refunds are taking many weeks again…
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
You won’t be no-showed. They will see you submitted the request before and you also have a conf.

Why didn’t you use the cancellation button, rather than the form, then it’s done automatically. Did it not work or there was no option?

As you’re in C, you could also call, call waits are short.

I heard refunds are taking many weeks again…
There was no cancellation button in the "manage booking" page - I wish there was. Will call.

Called. The CS does the same thing - submits an online form, doesn't even cancel the actual reservation yet. Refund timeframe - 60 days. Wish I booked this through Expedia - would have been refunded in a week

Last edited by tr3k; Oct 2, 2022 at 6:48 am
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you may to have spoken to these new first-level agents who are useless.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I think you may to have spoken to these new first-level agents who are useless.
Well, that's what LOT wants me to do. No cancel button, poorly trained agents. What amount of effort should I use to cancel a fully flex business class ticket? :/
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you choose business class on the phone? Option 5 or 7 depending which market you're calling from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.