Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Efficient customer service @ MilesAndMore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Efficient customer service @ MilesAndMore

Kudos to Miles and More. No more than 10 minutes (including hold time) to cancel and refund a reward ticket. I would be happy with that kind of service in the best of circumstances.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:52 am

Which number do you use? I already tried to call them 15 times today.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:20 pm

will try cancel mine tomorrow
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:29 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Epicura
Which number do you use? I already tried to call them 15 times today.
The LX (LH group) Senator hotline in Switzerland is very easy to reach at 0200 AM UTC, once a friendly guy from Toronto answered after 3 rings and a second time a competent perfectly German speaking lady from Czechia after about 1 minute hold only. It was not Basel, but still good.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
My partner cancelled an Award flight with the SEN line this week. Was engaged the first couple of rings, but then called back (EU daytime) and got a guy in South Africa who cancelled it immediately and proactively said since there had previously been a schedule change that had been accepted he’d even give the points and taxes back with no fees. Happy customer.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: LH FTL
Has anyone tried to cancel award tickets beyond end April ? I have a mileage bargain for June which I would like to cancel.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by romans
will try cancel mine tomorrow
after few attempts I successfully called to CZ M&M. My flight to LAX is planned on 10th of April but since it's still confirmed, call center suggested to wait until flight will be cancelled otherwise I have to pay 50 cancel fee. Same flight booked with Aegean already cancelled for free.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: Miles&More
The good thing about M&M award bookings is you can cancel against the fee after a no-show. Can cancel to get taxes and miles up to 2 years after. Revenue tickets are more restrictive after a no show. So when things get better you can refund award tickets.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Are you sure about this? I thought if you did a no-show you then forfeit the ticket. My understanding was you could not leave tickets unused which have OPEN status.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by romans
after few attempts I successfully called to CZ M&M. My flight to LAX is planned on 10th of April but since it's still confirmed, call center suggested to wait until flight will be cancelled otherwise I have to pay 50 cancel fee. Same flight booked with Aegean already cancelled for free.
successfully canceled via phone. already have miles (56 000), taxes on the way
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Called Italian SEN line yesterday, was hold for about 5-6 minutes before talking to the operator. In a couple of minutes, have my one way reward ticket canceled for free because LH has already canceled that flight.
The reward miles are back to my account immediately and cash refund should be credited within 7 days, as told.
It was one of the best experience so far with LH SEN line.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Luftylove
The good thing about M&M award bookings is you can cancel against the fee after a no-show. Can cancel to get taxes and miles up to 2 years after.
Does it mean you can make a booking using miles when they are about to expire, and get them safely back into your account up to 2 years later if you cancel at that time?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
Are you sure about this? I thought if you did a no-show you then forfeit the ticket. My understanding was you could not leave tickets unused which have OPEN status.
Definitely. M&M award tickets are still valid after a no show and can be refunded against the cancellation fee. If the miles were due to expire they will only be reinstated if they haven't expired. The underlying voucher that is used to 'pay' for the award ticketing has the miles expiry information stored in it.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:04 am

Thanks, Oliver. If someone calls M&M sometimes an agent has a "revenue ticket" brain and sometimes without thinking or looking will say that it can't be refunded or rebooked. Just ask them to check with helpline or bring up the mileage refund info in the help notes. After two years you don't pay the penalty since you can't get the miles back but the taxes can still be refunded. Revenue tickets usually have the "changes are not permitted in case of no show" inside the rules on the fare basis.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:10 am

If the miles are expired, when you refund a ticket the miles will go back usually within a couple of minutes or an agent can place you on hold for a ticketing agent to put them back. Those expired miles will be sitting there and you can use them. Usually, they will be given new life and will sit till the end of the next quarter. But, they can drop off. So what we sometimes tell people is to refund the ticket and then take those miles and put them into a new ticket right away.

So if someone has a ticket NYC to FRA and you can't change the cities on a milage ticket... if your needs changed and you need to fly SFO - LHR you simply refund the ticket and in the same phone call buy the SFO - LHR making sure that the mileage space is there. We usually will do the SFO-LHR as a reservation first. Cancel your NYC-FRA ticket (even with expired miles) and when they get put back into the system within 2min or a call to our helpline we then will get you to buy the SFO-LHR. So make sure you do it in the same call (or day) and you won't have an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.