Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: LOT Polish general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by hugolover
You'll note that the website is now amended, this text gone and it says "international routes only" without advising further.
Yeah, it’s good to know though. It’s very suspicious that they are constantly moving the goal posts. Especially as they have contracts with passengers.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, given they have defaulted on invoices for some stations I am not hopeful they have any funds if its necessary to sue them in the UK.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Also, given they have defaulted on invoices for some stations I am not hopeful they have any funds if its necessary to sue them in the UK.
I wouldn’t sue them, as we’re all in the same boat. But I would check if it’ll be compliant with the conditions of carriage and if not then remind them gently of it.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its a last resort. I have no intention and I have never sued LOT. Note, the rebooking terms are not in the GCC. You'd be stuck with TA docs and the screenshot and the goodwill of LOT to apply the old policy.
iLied likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Its a last resort. I have no intention and I have never sued LOT. Note, the rebooking terms are not in the GCC. You'd be stuck with TA docs and the screenshot and the goodwill of LOT to apply the old policy.
Of course! I mean LOT changing the goalposts being in the GCC. They still have a responsibility to adhere to them, especially if we are obliged to.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:55 am
Original Poster

FOLLOWING THE POLISH GOVERNMENT'S DECISION TO EXTEND THE SUSPENSION OF AIR SERVICES UNTIL 9 MAY 2020 AND IN REFERENCE TO THE CLOSURE OF THE EU'S EXTERNAL BORDERS UNTIL 15 MAY 2020, LOT'S PASSENGER FLIGHTS SCHEDULED FOR 15 MAY 2020 HAVE BEEN CANCELLED.

In this difficult situation, the safety and comfort of our passengers come first. That is why we have introduced a new ticket exchange procedure, which allows passengers to flexibly change the date or route of their flight even in the next two years.

If you have a ticket for any flights operated by LOT Polish Airlines that have been cancelled due to the closure of air traffic in Poland, that were purchased:
- no later than on March 13th, 2020 for journeys between March 15th and March 28th, 2020,

- no later than on March 24th, 2020 for journeys between March 29th and April 11th, 2020

- no later than on April 9th, 2020 for journeys between April 12th and Arpil 26, 2020
or
- no later than on April 24th, 2020 for journeys between April 27th and May 15, 2020
you can take advantage of one of the following options to change your reservation flexibly:

1. USE THE VALUE OF YOUR TICKET AS A VOUCHER

Do you need more time to plan a new trip with LOT? You can contact us within up to a year of purchasing the original ticket and get a voucher. The value of the original ticket recorded on the voucher can be used for any flight from the LOT offer.

The voucher will be valid for one year (12 months) after receipt. During this time, you can exchange the voucher for a new flight, which is scheduled within the next 12 months.

If you would like to give the voucher to a relative or a friend? From now on, not only the passenger can use the voucher for any flight, but also the person to whom it will be given.

If the price of the new ticket for which you will exchange the voucher is lower, the difference is refunded as a new voucher, which is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

What you need to do to exchange your ticket for a voucher:
  • You can use the Ticket Change form – you will receive a confirmation of the exchange of your ticket for a voucher by e-mail;
  • If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency, you can also exchange your ticket for a voucher through your travel agency;
  • You can also exchange your ticket for a voucher by contacting a LOT ticket office;
  • Or by contacting us through our Contact Center.

2. RESCHEDULE YOUR TRIP FOR ANOTHER TIME

If you don't have any plans for your next trip yet, take your time. You have one year from the date of purchase of the original ticket to contact us to change your departure date free of charge. You can choose a new travel date for one year from the original flight date.

If you choose this option, you will receive from us an additional code entitling you to a 30% discount* on your next LOT trip.The promotional code will be valid for one year (12 months) after receipt. The code can be used to book any flights offered on the LOT route network, in all travel classes.

What you need to do to change the date of your trip quickly and easily:
  • You can use the Ticket Change form – you will receive a confirmation of change of your ticket reservation plus the code for a 30% discount* by e-mail;
  • If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency, you can also change your departure date via the same route;
  • You can also reschedule your flight through our Contact Center.
* The discount applies to fare value, does not apply to fees and taxes.

3. CHANGE THE ROUTE OF YOUR JOURNEY FLEXIBLY

You can also exchange your ticket for the cancelled flight for another ticket on a completely different route whenever convenient for you. If the new ticket is more expensive than the previously purchased one (e.g. a short flight to London will be exchanged for an intercontinental flight to Tokyo), we will deduct 200 PLN* from the price difference due.

Take your time before you plan your next flight – you have one year from the date of purchase of the original ticket to contact us to change your departure date. You can book a new departure date for any time up to one year from the date of the original flight.

What you need to do to change the route of your journey:
  • You can use the Ticket Change form – you will receive a confirmation of change the route of your journey by e-mail;
  • If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency, you can also change the route through your travel agency;
  • You can also change the route through our Contact Center.
Route change is possible in case of internationl flights.

* The discount applies to fare value, does not apply to fees and taxes.

If none of the above options is satisfactory for you, you can apply for a refund of your unused ticket. If you haven’t started your journey, the value of the ticket will be fully refunded. A partially used ticket will be refunded in full only for any unused sections of the journey.

You can return your ticket yourself by completing the Ticket Refund form.

Due to the very high number of applications, the deadline for processing requests for refund has been significantly extended. Applications are handled in the order they are received and our consultants are working constantly to reduce the waiting time.

Please note that the cancelled ticket remains valid for one year from the date of purchase. You can take your time before you choose one of the options we offer: exchange your ticket for a voucher, change your departure date flexibly, or choose a new route.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:56 am
Original Poster

@hugolover the original wording is back, so change your ticket now before they change their mind again
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, just got the texts informing me my flights cancelled. The email sent with the cancellation does not make mention of any restrictions on changing route.
iLied likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see they still didn't fix "internationl"
iLied likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Yes, just got the texts informing me my flights cancelled. The email sent with the cancellation does not make mention of any restrictions on changing route.
Then use that with LOT Contact Centre. Good luck!
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:17 am
Original Poster

I see it’s now possible to give your voucher to a friend or relative.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iLied
Then use that with LOT Contact Centre. Good luck!
I see you've never called LOT..

Originally Posted by iLied
I see it’s now possible to give your voucher to a friend or relative.
Yes that's been possible for a week or so. It would be nice if vouchers could be combined together.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:32 am
Original Poster

I see you've never called LOT..
I have called LOT Agreed no sense at times but I would hope compassion would step in at this point.

Yes that's been possible for a week or so. It would be nice if vouchers could be combined together.
Good to know! It would be nice yes, but it’s a step in the right direction. Maybe a kind agent will help you with combining them.

Last edited by iLied; Apr 25, 2020 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
got the cancellation email yesterday. Went to lot.com, selected the refund option, let's see when the cash shows up. Interesting fact - booking was for 2 pax, had to fill in the form twice, for each pax separately.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
got the cancellation email yesterday. Went to lot.com, selected the refund option, let's see when the cash shows up. Interesting fact - booking was for 2 pax, had to fill in the form twice, for each pax separately.
180 days wait times i hear ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.