Wiki Posts
Search

Free upgrades with LH? Easy as it goes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Free upgrades with LH? Easy as it goes

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/falsch...ndien-enttarnt

just get yourself a LH pilot uniform and a fake badge in BKK and you are good to go.

apparently at least 15 upgrades for free were handed out till they catched the guy (trying to “upgrade” on Air Asia, really? Seems it got into his head / must have been too easy on LH mainline)

in all seriousness. This is pretty crazy. And shows how bad actual checks are at the airports.

hope this will make LH to PROPERLY run some serious staff checks in the future.. but then knowing their IT.. probably not..
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
hope this will make LH to PROPERLY run some serious staff checks in the future.. but then knowing their IT.. probably not..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that he was caught when someone asked LH to run a staff check. Nothing suggesting that he passed similar checks before.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This is the original story: https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/man-...irport-2135240

He had a number of fake uniforms. The uniform in the picture is not even LH:

The CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) acted on the basis of information provided by the Chief Security Officer of the German airlines which said there is a "suspected passenger in the get-up of a captain of Lufthansa airlines."

Mahbubani, who lives in Delhi's Vasant Kunj area, also had a fake ID card of a Lufthansa Airlines pilot and he used it to extract privileges at airports, a senior CISF officer said.

"The passenger disclosed that he used to shoot YouTube videos on aviation and had obtained the Lufthansa fake ID card in Bangkok," the officer said.

During his interrogation, Mahbubani reportedly said he was fond of wearing uniforms of different professions and getting himself photographed.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
IIRC he had his fake ID card made up in Thailand. Probably on the Khao San road. Quite a cottage industry in fake IDs there last time I visited.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:57 am

I understand the part about using this fake ID and outfit to go through the crew security checkpoint, but how would this have landed him upgrades? Are there gate agents that will go "oh, you look like a pilot, so we'll upgrade you"? Interesting.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In this picture you can see his fake ID:

Even the Airbus lanyard is fake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.