Wiki Posts
Search

Adria owe me money (delayed flight)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite
Adria owe me money (delayed flight)

So, now bankrupt Adria owe me money for a flight which has been delayed for more than 24 hours. Since they went bankrupt, I guess I will never see it.

Since I booked the ticket through Austrian, can i get the compensation from them?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gruimed
So, now bankrupt Adria owe me money for a flight which has been delayed for more than 24 hours. Since they went bankrupt, I guess I will never see it.
What was the reason for the delay, in your opinion?

Since I booked the ticket through Austrian, can i get the compensation from them?
No. EC261, which is what I assume you are referring to, is payable by the operating carrier.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 20, 2019 at 8:21 am Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that you mean EC 261/2004 delay compensation, the simple answer is that you have a claim (presuming that the delay was not caused by "extraordinary circumstances"), but it is an unsecured claim in insolvency. Thus, it is unlikely that it will ever be paid or, if it is paid, that it will be a tiny fraction of what is owed.

No, you may not claim against any other carrier as the Regulation clearly applies only to the operating carrier.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite
Got it, thank you all
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If by chance someone would buy Adria or another airline would acquire/merge with them (both unlikely), the terms could require the new owners to be responsible for some or all past obligations, so you should pay attention if this happens.

If you can do so easily, it might not hurt to submit an ED261 claim now, just in case, and to make sure that any filing deadlines aren't missed.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not under any insovlency / bankruptcy scheme I've ever heard of. The entire purpose of insolvency proceedings is to make certain that everybody with the same type of claim gets paid at the same rate so it is equally fair (or unfair) as the case may be.

Doubt that an administrator / trustee would approve a plan whereby one class of unsecured creditors, e.g. those with EC 261/2004 claims, gets paid, while others with secured or non-Regulation claims, don't get all of their money first.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.