Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Flying MAD-MUC-ADB this afternoon, (heavy) thunderstorms predicted in MAD for the day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying MAD-MUC-ADB this afternoon, (heavy) thunderstorms predicted in MAD for the day

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Dear fellow LH travellers,

The day of my trip to Turkey has arrived, with the good news that we will have (locally heavy) thunderstorms all day around MAD

I am flying to ADB via MUC with a 1:55h connection. I've been through MUC several times so I know that even in the case of 1:30h delay it can be done if LH helps with a gate-to-gate transit. My question is more related on what to do in case the inbound gets diverted / heavy delays (>2h) is announced. Can I ask in MAD for a rerouting or I have to wait till I arrive in MUC? I am flying paid J if that helps.

Best
schrodingerdog
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If the inbound LH flight diverts and your flight is cancelled /significantly delayed, I would ask the airport staff at MAD about your rebooking options. Anyway, the rebookings will be made a some stage by LH back office if you are un-successful at MAD, so keep an eye on your booking on the LH app or website. If no LH staff at the airport (outsourced staff only) it may turn out difficult to get them to touch your ticket - in particular if the flight is only delayed as they will refer you to deal with it at MUC. I don't think it makes any difference that you are in J.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If the inbound LH flight diverts and your flight is cancelled /significantly delayed, I would ask the airport staff at MAD about your rebooking options. Anyway, the rebookings will be made a some stage by LH back office if you are un-successful at MAD, so keep an eye on your booking on the LH app or website. If no LH staff at the airport (outsourced staff only) it may turn out difficult to get them to touch your ticket - in particular if the flight is only delayed as they will refer you to deal with it at MUC. I don't think it makes any difference that you are in J.
Thanks for all the info!

The inbound is showing as On Time but already got a notification through the app that my flight is delayed 25min.

Will see how it goes.

Anyway I checked and there not too many options from MAD. The last TK flight to IST departs at 6.20pm (so before my flight) and no other company offers any connection to ADB.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Reporting from MUC LH Lounge.

Everything went fine at the end, waiting for my connecting flight. But MAD just declared rate zero few minutes ago, so we avoided the mess just for 2h.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Finally, you had made the transfer which you were a bit anxious that you wouldn't make it.

Welcome to Turkey and enjoy your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.