Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa-make changes in the day of departure

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Lufthansa-make changes in the day of departure

My family made a reservation by Lufthansa from Denver to New Delhi in November. The fare is the lowest class. However, due to change of circumstances I would like to fly a few days earlier, ahead of the family but return with them. Does Lufthansa allow change of itinerary ( i would gladly pay a reasonable fee/penalty)?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:40 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Depends what fare you booked and what class you travel in.
Without these informations we can’t really help you.

Judging from your description “lowest class” I assume the ticket is most probably not changeable, not even for a fee, or changeable for a fee + ticket price difference, which depending on how more expensive the tickets are now can be quite a hefty amount. (but doesn’t necessarily have to be).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely the answer is no. Or if changes are allowed the change fee and likely upfare will deter you from changing the ticket. I suggest you travel as booked.

Keep in mind that if there is a schedule change - even a minor one - you will be able to cancel the ticket and receive a full refund (and afterwards you can book a new ticket for the dates you look for)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
On the lowest fare, IST-USA has a change fee of €300 + fare difference + service fee so probably India-USA would have something around €400-500 + fare difference + service fee.
By the way, the change might not be done online in some circumstances, you might need to contact the Lufthansa service center.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Thanks to all of you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.