Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book Outbound J and Return F on Lufthansa.com?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Book Outbound J and Return F on Lufthansa.com?

Hi,

I am interested in booking EWR-KRK and BUD-EWR with the outbound on LH Business and the return in LH F. I see I can easily do this if taking the A350 to FRA but not if choosing the 747-8 since the system automatically puts me in F (currently the flexible fare). I have done this in the past with F on the outbound and choosing Business on the return, but it seems there is no easy way to book the reverse online. If the only option to book this by phone?

thanks
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

In case the issue comes up again, I was able to find out the answer to my question. Lufthansa.com does not have the capacity to build mixed cabin tickets unless the outbound is the lower class. To do the opposite requires a telephone booking and service charge.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by criostal
In case the issue comes up again, I was able to find out the answer to my question. Lufthansa.com does not have the capacity to build mixed cabin tickets unless the outbound is the lower class. To do the opposite requires a telephone booking and service charge.
LH IT strikes again but also TA’s can do it.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: LH HON
Then again, mixed tickets are usually not worth it anyway from a price/value perspective unless that has changed? A/F always used to be paired with J so savings were marginal?
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daumueller
Then again, mixed tickets are usually not worth it anyway from a price/value perspective unless that has changed? A/F always used to be paired with J so savings were marginal?
Yes, that’s my impression also.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:37 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Onway F fares often book into Full Fare F... And so do the Fares that allow to be paired with other fares.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

In this case, I was able to have P paired with A, so the savings were substantial.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I sometimes book Economy on the outbound and Premium Economy on the inbound from my local Lufthansa/Miles&More Service center [hotline] ( Istanbul ). If the combination is not bookable via internet, they don't charge the service fee which is €45 per long haul ticket.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
booking mixed-cabin ticket online?

Just wondering: Is there any way to make a mixed-cabin (revenue) booking on the LH website?

If not, is there a solid OTA that is capable of doing that?

(I could obviously book it via the GDS, but in this case a quicjk online booking would be preferred)

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Depends on which cabins you want to mix.
Outbound C, return F (and vice versa) can be done on the LH website by searching for the flights in C (as it will also show F in this case).
Combination of PE and C works the same way by searching for flights in PE, and for Y and PE by searching for flights in Y.

Long story short, you can book mixed cabin as long as the two travel cabins are "adjacent".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.