Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Its now ten days and still they have not even sorted out to offer coffee or tea on the flights. The sandwiches they serve are days old. Only sugar soft drinks, packed juices and water....
The crews are visibly frustrated now. One purser told me that he basically believes for Lufthansa to test how many complains they get to find out how important catering is for the passengers. If nobody complains he fears that the plan is to reduce catering on short haul flights. While I don't believe that, it says a lot and demonstrates that their staff seems to have lost all confidence in the client focus of the Management.
The way that LH is handling this is a high concern for me. No advance warning by sms or email. No compensation pro-actively offered. Last year BA was short of planes and they brought in some Aer Lingus planes with limited catering. In advance they apologised for that and per flight 10.000 miles compensation were put into my account per C Class segment. While it was not great to end up on Aer Lingus I earned 50K extra miles. I did already eight segments with LH since the strike started and they did not even apologise. BA was for me always the winner of the race to the bottom. Lufthansa is now quickly catching up.
Completely agree.

BA did the right thing & proactively compensated, LH are actually profiting from this by not paying for the catering & deliberately avoiding compensating pax.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I wonder if I should just complain tomorrow even though I almost always sleep the whole time on these shorthauls and never benefit from the food/drink.

I don't want to make the FAs lives difficult so at least a feedback form.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I’m proactively booking EU travel on other airlines right now, just ridiculous.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: LH HON**
Checking some shorthaul routes for the coming days it doesn’t look like LH is (temporarily) reducing their fares to compensate for the shortfall in service vs product promise either.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
I got absolutely nothing in compensation from them, after a complaint letter and two follow up emails. “Yes we see that business was only catered to 3 and there were 7 of you in the cabin, but too bad. There’s no compensation due.” (paraphrasing but that’s the gist)

i was revenue business class, not an upgrade, but they gave the three meals to LH Miles & More members, one of whom appeared to be a comp upgrade at boarding as he boarded in front of me and a new seat assignment printed out from the gate reader. The flight attendant on board didn’t care either, just said their rules are to give them to their own flyers first.

​​​​​​​I did the same thing after 4 business class flights with only water and a crapy sandwich, they never replied to my second follow-up message! Last weekend I had two more flights, after a week, this time in economy class, and the same problems without letting anybody know until you are flying 35.000 feet high!! In my last flight I complaint to the gate agent why they were not communicating this problem at the gate so people would have time to buy drinks and /or food at the airport.. She looked at me, said nothing, but she had to hear me say what a shame of an airline Lufthansa has become...
Thankfully most of my upcoming flights this month are with Swiss, which it is so much better airline, and only two more LH flights, then a big good bye to LH for being such an unreliable airline!
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:58 am

Anyone that has any info if long haul is affected in C?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kimmen00
No reports yet but it’s been said that is their next target starting this week & so far they have been very successful in running rings around LH, the latter appear totally unprepared.....
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kimmen00
Flying longhaul in C tonight, will let you know. "Warning" e-mail received as well, but only domestic and medium-haul flights mentioned to be affected.

Last edited by NightFly; Jul 9, 2019 at 4:37 am
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: LH M+M
Got no email (checked spam folder).. in german VFT, it seems that FTL and SEN getting slightly different email where SENs are called to gather the vast amounts of food in the lounge before boarding *cough*
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I got the email. Wonder if I can use the situation to make a further convincing case to use the FCL after my HON qualifying flight if my points haven't posted yet.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: LH HON**
Also received it now, as well as my daughters who are FTL. Indeed a mention in SEN letter to eat in lounge, not mentioned in FTL letter. SEN letter is signed by SVP Marketing, FTL letter is signed by VP Marketing - who signs the HON letters then, an EVP Marketing, or perhaps Spohr himself? Not that I think anyone cares about that nuance at this stage...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Got no email (checked spam folder).. in german VFT, it seems that FTL and SEN getting slightly different email where SENs are called to gather the vast amounts of food in the lounge before boarding *cough*
No email as HON, I would be ok if they instruct us to take vast amounts of food & drink from the FCL’s, bring an empty picnic hamper next time & fill it
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:28 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chris63

No email as HON, I would be ok if they instruct us to take vast amounts of food & drink from the FCL’s, bring an empty picnic hamper next time & fill it
& bring enough for all passengers
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
& bring enough for all passengers
Isn’t that Lufthansa’s job ? & I could be at risk of being blacklisted by SkyChef Staff with devastating consequences.... for me
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by chris63

I got that e-mail now.
And 50 EUR for not-proper catering on 1.July.
By phone they told me, that HOPEFULLY after few days everything become normal again, but... they need to say something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.