Wiki Posts
Search

Where to burn F Lounge Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Where to burn F Lounge Voucher

I have a Lufthansa FCL lounge voucher that I need to burn.

I have travel taking me through FRA on the outbound (it's an EU flight, so I'm not otherwise entitled to access any F/HON lounge), and MUC on the inbound. Assume I have equal, but decent (around 2hrs) time to connect in both directions. I have, to this date, experienced: the FCT (which I know this voucher doesn't entitle me access to). FCL B (FRA), the old MUC FCL, and the brand new MUC FCL. I have yet to experience FCL A in FRA.

I'm connecting to MRS on the outbound, so assume I'd leave from A pier at FRA. Am connecting to LHR on the way back, so not sure where I'd leave from at MUC (I don't go through MUC all that often).

Which lounge would you recommend burning this voucher on?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
MUC sat FCL would be my choice.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
From my experience FCL A is nice because it’s usually not very crowded. So if not tried before, it’s worth a visit. I I remember particularly one time where they played Cuban music in the cigar lounge. Very relaxing with cigar and a glass of Armagnac 👍🏻
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
My LHR flights always seem to depart MUC from H gates (main building) fwiw, so you probably won’t be going to the satellite lounge.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
My LHR flights always seem to depart MUC from H gates (main building) fwiw, so you probably won’t be going to the satellite lounge.
That’s my experience also & for MAN flights.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vantage03
That‘s true, but it took me less than 7 minutes including the train ride from the sat (in this case SEN) lounge to my gate in the main terminal yesterday.

That wouldn‘t be my most important concern.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks all this is very helpful. I'll play it by ear. I tend not to eat a full dinner in the evening so I'll probably go to the lounge where I can eat the most food so I can extract the most value. I don't drink or smoke cigars, so I don't think I can get more value in any other way.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:15 pm

If you want to burn it, first ask for the station manager as to assure that somebody who can potentially relay your manifestation of meaningful protests to upper management is actually watching you do it. Additionally, make sure you don't trigger a fire alarm. Perhaps the voucher has been printed with non toxic ink and the paper burns slowly enough. In that case you could buy the Armagnac and Cigar in the duty free and use the voucher to light the cigar. That would be stylish. In any case take a video and share it with us please :-D (The video, not the voucher, at least that's what I meant).

Should you choose to use it for access instead I hope you enjoy it. I would go for the ZRH E lounge myself. (You could burn it on the Terrace.)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Alas can’t use it on a Swiss lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.