Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more La Prairie in LH F onboard toilets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
452 (MUC-LAX) a few days ago had La Prarie. I noticed that several month ago they always had 1 hand cream and 1 face cream. For the last several month the have 2 hand creams (per toilet). Not sure what the logic is behind having to of the same other than inviting passengers to take one.
Same on LH79 in February: Two full hand lotions with cap. As I don't steal them, I don't mind them taking off the caps. It's like a turn-down service with the additional benefit of theft protection.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Stealing hand cremes from aircraft toilets is the high-end version of people who only eat lounge food, however bad it may be, because it's free. "Geiz ist geil" I guess.

I could also live with the caps-off solution. Alternatively, they should just put large enough tubes in the amenity kits, no more need to have the large ones in the toilets.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
But how cheap by passengers to take a tube of creme? Really?
Probably the same Flyertalkers and not properly educated embarrassing persons who proudly confirmed emptying Haribos in FC lounges and asked for Sprüngli/praline chocolate boxes to take home etc .
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by f4freeJunior; Mar 9, 2019 at 4:57 pm
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
What would it contribute to the discussion?

My intention was not to pillory her, but to confirm that these things seem to happen more often than many think.
Because I want to know. It’s definitely interesting to know the Plebs of Hollywood.

Yes, you’re right. I’ve seen a 3 Star HON behave worse.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover;30868161[left
Yes, you’re right. I’ve seen a 3 Star HON behave worse.
Really ??
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
13 posts with OT comments and response thereto removed.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Football Fan likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Look—All I’m trying to say is that permissioned use or taking of an item is far different from blatantly stealing. And I’m actually fine with stealing if it’s clear that the item won’t be re-used (i.e., I wouldn’t begrudge someone taking their puffy slippers as I assume LH throws them away after use). Stealing the bathroom products is blatantly distasteful and wrong. I think we can all agree about that.

Being able to draw finer distinctions is something else. Possibly academic, but definitely something for another thread or forum.

As to the habits of “plebians” and such, I’m not sure we need to defend LH for their actions here. There’s plenty of margin in F fares. This is thoroughly cost cutting by LH and that should also be called out. It’s a slow erosion of am amazing product. The first few steps are OK, but after a while you’ll realize you’re just flying BA with different colors.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Two full hand lotions with cap. As I don't steal them, I don't mind them taking off the caps. It's like a turn-down service with the additional benefit of theft protection.
This is the way LH ought to deal with the issue, just remove the caps, simples
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
2 hand creams today LH461 MIA-MUC. Same as this flight last month.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: LXFF
I always thought LH should have a German brand rather than La Prairie...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ced_lx
I always thought LH should have a German brand rather than La Prairie...
indeed. la Prairie in F will be replaced by Nivea as of the beginning of next month
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichielR

indeed. la Prairie in F will be replaced by Nivea as of the beginning of next month
Wow, that’s really First Class

Suppose they need to put something in the receptacles they installed in the F lavatories...... any good suggestions?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:31 am

I believe La Prairie belongs to the German company Beiersdorf, they also own Nivea - at least according to this wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beiersdorf.

Is there a difference between these products except price?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I believe La Prairie belongs to the german company Beiersdorf, they also own Nivea - at least according to this wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beiersdorf.

Is there a difference beween these products except price. I am not an expert on this.
You can buy Nivea in Aldi & Lidl but not La Prarie, might give an indication as the the suitability of Nivea in First Class but it probably won’t go walkies from the lavatories
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by chris63

You can buy Nivea in Aldi & Lidl but not La Prarie, might give an indication as the the suitability of Nivea in First Class but it probably won’t go walkies from the lavatories
The real interesting question is: If you put Nivea, Bebe or Penaten Creme in a white tube and print La Prarie on it, - to make it less obvious add a sticker "enhanced formula" - will anybody notice any difference? Some might even think it is better than the real stuff, just because!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.