Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight time change question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Anything and everything
UPDATE: Yesterday I finally got the automated e-mail informing me of the time change. I still scratch my head that they changed the flight schedule about 2 weeks ago and only now are we getting the automated e-mail. One would think that when a schedule change occurs and "new tickets" sold are under the new flight time that all pre-existing ticket holders would get notified about the change within 24-48 hours, not 2 weeks.

Anyway, regarding the time change, I highly doubt that EW would be generous. If the DUS-ATH flight on the same day was a similar price I would stand a chance at them maybe waiving the "change fee", but unfortunately it's like double the fare so no way they just let me swap airports at same cost lol. If only they had changed the schedule before I booked the flight it would have made date & time, and departure location more simple.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by wildace
UPDATE: Yesterday I finally got the automated e-mail informing me of the time change. I still scratch my head that they changed the flight schedule about 2 weeks ago and only now are we getting the automated e-mail. One would think that when a schedule change occurs and "new tickets" sold are under the new flight time that all pre-existing ticket holders would get notified about the change within 24-48 hours, not 2 weeks.

Anyway, regarding the time change, I highly doubt that EW would be generous. If the DUS-ATH flight on the same day was a similar price I would stand a chance at them maybe waiving the "change fee", but unfortunately it's like double the fare so no way they just let me swap airports at same cost lol. If only they had changed the schedule before I booked the flight it would have made date & time, and departure location more simple.
You should at least try. They are under obligation to honour their side of the contract. The new times don’t work for you, so they are obliged to honour their side and get you from A to B, whether it’s from original A or a nearby A.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Anything and everything
Update (again):

Somehow the DUS-ATH price dropped significantly... I noticed and I called into EW. Rep on phone changed the flight from CGN-ATH to DUS-ATH and it showed up on my account immediately with no change fee and no fare difference.

Question now is where on the site (in my profile/bookings) can I see the ticket number? or does Eurowings not issue a ticket number until you check-in and obtain a boarding pass? I only see my booking reference code.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by wildace
Update (again):

Somehow the DUS-ATH price dropped significantly... I noticed and I called into EW. Rep on phone changed the flight from CGN-ATH to DUS-ATH and it showed up on my account immediately with no change fee and no fare difference.

Question now is where on the site (in my profile/bookings) can I see the ticket number? or does Eurowings not issue a ticket number until you check-in and obtain a boarding pass? I only see my booking reference code.
Did you get an automated email from them? If not, ask them for one. I’ve not used Eurowings so don’t know how they work.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EW is a ticketless airline... so no ticket number involved/shown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.