Search

Disgraceful Experience on Eurowings [trying to film crew & pax]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld
Deleted

Thread Deleted

Last edited by Heathrow Flyer; Mar 3, 2019 at 1:04 am Reason: removed link to youtube,
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:53 am

I can't see any way that this is disgraceful - you should have asked permission before beginning filming. I am on the side of the purser here, and it could be some of the other passengers appreciated it as well.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Heathrow Flyer
When the crew saw me doing this on the aircraft they immediately said ‘it was no allowed”. I asked them why this was, Eurowings themselves have sponsored people to review their flights (Global Traveller TV) who interact with crews, aside from that there are hundreds of reviews on YouTube, including one which I did where the crew were aware of and had no issues.
Simply put: You set foot on board, you enter private property. And the owners of said property can setup as many rules as they want.
In the case of Lufti, you might find this interesting: https://mobile.lufthansa.com/hpg/art...sp?art=11&l=en
(scroll down to 11.6; there is some inconsistency among the different versions of this document. The PDF version doesn't show 11.6)

In case a cop pulls you over because you were speeding, are you arguing that thousands of others were speeding as well but didn't get fined? Just because others get away with it, doesn't mean that this will always be the case. And most likely more professional videographers will simply reach out to the Comms department of an airline to make sure that they are safe.

I am one of those travelers who are very, very happy about such rules in airline's T&Cs. Privacy is a thing.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:54 am

Kudos to the crew for protecting the privacy of fellow passengers.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Filming the window view or your meal is fine. Filming other passengers and the crew is a privacy intrusion, the purser did the right thing.

Also, "premium paying passenger". Wow, so much entitledness.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld
Originally Posted by 8420PR
I can't see any way that this is disgraceful - you should have asked permission before beginning filming. I am on the side of the purser here, and it could be some of the other passengers appreciated it as well.
There is something called ‘politeness’ and ‘Customer service’ both of them are clearly non-existent. Regarding Customer service: I’ve heard many people complain about the same thing, it’s pathetic! What is the point of a customer service team then?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
There is something called ‘politeness’ and ‘Customer service’ both of them are clearly non-existent.

Yeah, it would have been polite if you asked people whether they want to be filmed, before you started filming.

Regarding Customer service: I’ve heard many people complain about the same thing, it’s pathetic! What is the point of a customer service team then?
How well (or not) customer service works, is irrelevant to your case: filming people without their approval.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hello

We have very strict privacy and data sharing restrictions in Germany including workers rights who limit everything which has to do with monitoring an employee at work.

Whilst clearly not your intention to assess the quality of service delivery of FAs (or was it actually?) I do strongly believe that you would not stand a chance in front of a formal Germany court.

Personally, I would be very upset if I would be anywhere close to you on this flight and would ask you to a) stop filming and b) delete any scene were I a was filmed as I am definitely not good looking enough and especially not interesting enough to appear somewhere on the internet.

Absolutely no understanding why 'this was disgraceful' and why 'I need to contact management' - you are requesting respect where you don't show any of it.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Good for EW. I want my privacy, I do not want to be filmed, and I wish that every carrier would do as much to protect the privacy of its customers (even if not legally required to do so).

If I wanted to me an actor in some reality video, I would sign up for it.

Hope that if OP does contact EY "Management" that he smartly invited to take his business elsewhere.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
The only disgrace here is the willful DYKWIA in search of clicks on his YouTube channel.
Perhaps the OP should acquaint himself with relevant privacy laws - as others have pointed out - in various jurisdictions before he points his camera.
I'm sorry to say I clicked on the video ... and that was 6:00 of my life I wish I had back!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The only thing "disgraceful" is your attitude
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I believe I do have a right to know why I wasn’t allowed to film, when some many people have done so before me.
You actually don't have that right. When you walk into a restaurant, or for that matter my house, you do not have any "right" to film your surroundings. Plane is no different.

Please consider that your entitled / confrontational attitude may be making things worse for you.

Anyway, the verdict is in, here -- you came to the wrong forum ISO sympathy.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The Purser was totally correct, you should have requested/ obtained permission in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Love to see the phrases “paying premium passenger” and “Eurowings Smart Fare on a domestic flight” in one paragraph.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR
Love to see the phrases “paying premium passenger” and “Eurowings Smart Fare on a domestic flight” in one paragraph.
Indeed, most could only dream of aspiring to such unbridled Luxury

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.