Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa first lounge Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Lufthansa first lounge Frankfurt

I'm fortunate to be flying LH first on an overnight night flight out of Frankfurt after arriving on an overnight trans Atlantic flight ... meaning that I have 10-12 hrs in Frankfurt. I was planning on resting during the day and have contemplated getting a day room at an airport hotel.

Q: With access to the first class lounge are there opportunities to sleep (in private) in the lounge so that I could forego the hotel?
Q: Is there more than one lounge? If so is one better than the other?
Q: Any other reasons to spend several hours in the lounge rather than in a hotel?!

Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
There are two Lufthansa First Class Lounges at FRA and 1 First Class Terminal. All are great but the Terminal (FCT) is really the highlight. There are also various LH Senator level & Business level lounges and a few other *A lounges that are Business level.

If I were you I'd go to a lounge, including the LH Welcome Lounge, to refresh and then head into the city/go to the daytime hotel and then have a car drop you off at the FCT for the full service. I personally would avoid too much sleep during the day as I want to sleep on the second leg.

https://www.lufthansa.com/jp/en/welcome-lounge
https://www.lufthansa.com/jp/en/lounge-types-and-access
BRAISKI and kevinm016 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
IIRC there were 2 sleeping rooms in the FCL - has this changes? No need to pay for a hotel for day room if my memory is correct.
kevinm016 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
They did as of early 2018, but they're FCFS so not quite reliable enough to rely on.

Originally Posted by estnet
IIRC there were 2 sleeping rooms in the FCL - has this changes? No need to pay for a hotel for day room if my memory is correct.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
If no need/desire to go to the city then FCT has everything you could want.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please follow this thread as it moves to the Lufthansa forum.

Prospero
Moderator: Airport Lounge forum
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

For a passenger who is connecting rather than driving up, is there any advantage to the First Class Terminal over one of the other two First Class lounges?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by kevinm016
For a passenger who is connecting rather than driving up, is there any advantage to the First Class Terminal over one of the other two First Class lounges?
There is a bit of a disagreement on this.

The FCT is a safe default choice and there are situations when the FCT is the more painless option. But I also like the FCLs, as they have the same food and drink and most other services as the FCT, plus an apron view. Really depends on where you come from and where you are going and how much time you have.

Some, not all (!), people also want to go to the FCT as it is great to brag about it at the office and because you get a guaranteed ride in a car to your plane. But then again, I had a ride to my plane at an outside position in a Porsche Hybrid Panamera from the FCL in B during my last visit, while I tend to get vans (which I do like) from the FCT, as more people get driven to the plane from there.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to taste and the individual case (like arrival and departure gate etc.).
chris63 and kevinm016 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Going to the FCT avoids the need to go through transfer security in the main terminal. Security clearance in the FCT is more pleasant. However you will have to go through passport control into Germany in order to visit the FCT.

The two FCLs (FCL A which is in Schengen and FCL B which is non-Schengen) and the FCT have two sleeping rooms each on a first come first served basis. If you are arriving from the US you can go through passport control and visit the FCL A for shower and breakfast (and some sleep), go into the city for a few hours and return to the FCT for departure.
kevinm016 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Going to the FCT avoids the need to go through transfer security in the main terminal.
If you have to go through transfer security. With the Z to B bus, for example, no security or passport check between Z arrivals and the FCL in B.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by worldclubber
If you have to go through transfer security. With the Z to B bus, for example, no security or passport check between Z arrivals and the FCL in B.
Only if you arrive at a clean Z gate and your Z to B bus is running (which may only be in the morning)
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:41 am

Only if you arrive at a clean Z gate and your Z to B bus is running (which may only be in the morning)
That‘s, of course, true. ^

But both is not unlikely after an arrival from the U.S.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
That‘s, of course, true. ^

But both is not unlikely after an arrival from the U.S.
I was guessing the OP was arriving from the US but there are other longhaul morning arrivals. I’m so conditioned to arriving in B or ANS, and departing from B, avoiding transfer security in B or Z is paramount.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:58 am
Original Poster

I was guessing the OP was arriving from the US but there are other longhaul morning arrivals. I’m so conditioned to arriving in B or ANS, and departing from B, avoiding transfer security in B or Z is paramount.
Arriving Air Canada - departing Lufthansa
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Arriving Air Canada - departing Lufthansa
Then likely you will arrive at B gates & then have to encounter transfer security..... such is a FRA....

However there are only 2 dayrooms in each of the F lounges on a First come basis so, if sleeping is important go to the B lounge & if they don’t have available dayrooms the PA’s can call the other lounges to check availability.
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.