Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Presidents Circle for SEN promo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
would you mind sharing the outcome afterwards, please?
Check your account that LH SEN CPD is still in there.

I know of someone who added it in [already had another CPD], made it primary and then two days later it was removed from the account.

He then removed the other one, added LH SEN again and few days later, account was updated to PresCircle.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Check your account that LH SEN CPD is still in there.

I know of someone who added it in [already had another CPD], made it primary and then two days later it was removed from the account.

He then removed the other one, added LH SEN again and few days later, account was updated to PresCircle.
LH SEN CDP still in there. Weird.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:18 pm

Finally had my hertz account convert to PC with the MM promo....'only' took 6 weeks...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:28 am

I can't find the original post/thread so I write here.

After two years of not being SEN and about three years after the status match, my Hertz President Circle dropped to Five Star. In the meantime I have used Hertz for my rentals, but we're talking maybe five or six over three years.

Has anyone else had the downgrade?
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by malmostoso

After two years of not being SEN and about three years after the status match, my Hertz President Circle dropped to Five Star. In the meantime I have used Hertz for my rentals, but we're talking maybe five or six over three years.

Still SEN but was downgraded to 5* it seems. Only checked today after you posted. Rats. I'm pretty certain I rented about 20 times last year. The PC status didn't really get me a lot of good rentals, the only nice option was picking a nice car from the lot in major US airports, which I did maybe 3-4 times last year.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The PC status didn't really get me a lot of good rentals, the only nice option was picking a nice car from the lot in major US airports, which I did maybe 3-4 times last year.
The only thing I cared about was the free additional driver, but that seems to be standard for all members of the program, even without status?
Also it seems that with status you get a better rate on extras such as child seats. Considering my last rental was 180€ for the car and they asked 140€ for the car seat, I'd hate to know what they try to charge non-members.

Before anyone asks, I spent 139€ in
this. this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Since my kids are 9 & 11 yrs old now and the older one doesn't need a car seat in the US & Europe my interest in car seat economics has vanished in recent times. But yes I have a collection of booster seats from our travels in the past years. 12$ at next Walmart is a much better deal than 150€ for a week extra to get a slightly sanitized seat which the last renters offspring puked or pooped in.
worldclubber and malmostoso like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Since my kids are 9 & 11 yrs old now and the older one doesn't need a car seat in the US & Europe my interest in car seat economics has vanished in recent times. But yes I have a collection of booster seats from our travels in the past years. 12$ at next Walmart is a much better deal than 150€ for a week extra to get a slightly sanitized seat which the last renters offspring puked or pooped in.
Same applies to „never lost“. Bought a GPS at Best Buy for a fraction of the rental price and have been using it for a long time, saving real bucks ...
malmostoso and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

The google maps app nowadays allows offline storage of maps... no additional device required.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The only thing I cared about was the free additional driver, but that seems to be standard for all members of the program, even without status?
Dunno. I'm 5* via Amex Plat, and Amex advertises this, however the guy at the Miami Downtown desk had no idea and quoted me something like $15/day for extra driver.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond

Also had the downgrade to 5*, just 3 days before a Hertz rental
Picked up a 300C from the 5* lane at LAX and didn't really see anything better in the PC lane.
Not sure I will put in the effort trying to match to PC again via National...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Same here.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:23 pm

Yet another with the downgrade to 5*. I would have been more upset if the upgrades in President Circle were something to wow about. I had a couple of nice upgrades in Europe, but the US was distinctly underwhelming. I found the treatment far better as a 5* in the old days when you were assigned a car. If things are worse as a 5* I will probably move to one of the other brands.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
The google maps app nowadays allows offline storage of maps... no additional device required.
Sorry, hadn't seen this.

I do not (yet) find google maps a good replacement for a decent GPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.