Wiki Posts
Search

Best time to buy domestic ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Best time to buy domestic ticket

I need to fly from ARN to FRA in April returning May, and LH has the only suitable nonstop flights. Tickets are around 300EUR return with bags for the flights I need - which seems pretty expensive. When is the best time to purchase the tickets if I'm hoping to get a lower price?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Which part of that itinerary is domestic?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Which part of that itinerary is domestic?
It's been a long day...I meant intra-Europe.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
How married are you to FRA? Perhaps another nearby city + train would work out better? If you book in advance you can get an ICE train ticket + seat reservation for under 35 EUR one way. so if flying into MUC or DUS saves you 100+ EUR that may be worth it
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
How married are you to FRA? Perhaps another nearby city + train would work out better? If you book in advance you can get an ICE train ticket + seat reservation for under 35 EUR one way. so if flying into MUC or DUS saves you 100+ EUR that may be worth it
Yeah not a bad idea, but probably not going to work for me. I've got an 8:15pm flight to Beijing, and want to leave ARN early in the morning so I can work during the day at FRA. On the inbound, I arrive in FRA from Beijing at 6:15pm - so the 9:45pm LH flight is probably my only option, as the 7:50pm SAS flight leaves me with a bit too much risk of misconnecting if any delays.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: LH:SEN; HH:Diamond; SGP:Platinum; PC:Gold
AJ747M, why don't you try to book whole itinerary ARN-FRA-PEK-FRA-ARN on one ticket as it might be cheaper than your seperate tickets and secure your connection on return flight just in case your flight to FRA is delayed.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bartek
AJ747M, why don't you try to book whole itinerary ARN-FRA-PEK-FRA-ARN on one ticket as it might be cheaper than your seperate tickets and secure your connection on return flight just in case your flight to FRA is delayed.
If you can find me a 1500EUR business class fare all the way from ARN to SYD and back, I'd happily book from there
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by AJ747M
If you can find me a 1500EUR business class fare all the way from ARN to SYD and back, I'd happily book from there
You need to be more specific with your itineraries - otherwise it is hard to give you a correct advice...
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
You need to be more specific with your itineraries - otherwise it is hard to give you a correct advice...
A fair comment. I was really just looking for an answer saying in general direct flights from ARN to FRA on LH are cheapest X amount of weeks before departure.

To be more specific:
I need an early AM departure on a Tuesday in mid April from ARN, and a late night departure on a Sunday in the start of May from FRA. Nonstop are really the only flights that work for me, and the timings aren't flexible.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I don't know when is the best time to buy this ticket but if you are looking for a way to buy a ticket ARN-FRA-ARN for less money you may like to take a look at another thread: Does anyone have this kind of travel experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.