Wiki Posts
Search

Accumulating miles on LATAM flights

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Flying Lufthansa, miles on LAN/TAM?

According to LH, they have a partnership with the LATAM group. In this link, they say they have recognition of the FF programme. Anyone knows if you can get LANPASS miles when flying LH?? Thanks!!

http://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/com...-airlines.html
Old May 8, 2014, 2:06 pm

Just FYI, you are asking a question which is not about Miles & More.

In any case, I tried to find that information for you but the LANPASS relevant page is currently unavailable:

OOPS! PAGE NOT FOUND

The page you're looking forward doesn't exist, isn't available or the address isn't correct.
I also tried to look it up in Spanish, same outcome.

If you are interested, the number of miles you earn at Miles & More when flying TAM are here.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
M&M terminated partnership with JJ?

I wonder when M&M stopped awarding miles for JJ flights? They quietly removed the JJ page as if it never existed...
I had a couple of flights with JJ in February, and now M&M is rejecting my retro credit request (ironically, some JJ flights had been credited without issues).
I would be grateful for any information.
Looks like TK has also ended partnership with JJ as of April.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:01 am

It's not M&M that's - quietly or noisily - ended the partnership, it's LATAM that joined oneworld post the merger between TAM and LAN.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
But TAM Brasil (JJ, not LA) still remained kinda as a separate entity. M&M continued to award miles for JJ, same is true for Miles&Smiles. I am absolutely sure LH was still awarding miles for JJ in the beginning of this year. One of my JJ flights credited to M&M without issues, while others have not.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:35 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
If you flew before early May - when that LA and JJ finally merged moving to a single GDS (SABRE) and a single code (LA with some JJ flights kept mostly for bilateral/legal reasons) - you should get the miles (if in eligible booking class).
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:04 am

Accumulating miles on LATAM flights

Hi,
Recently, Miles & More started a cooperation with LATAM, offering Miles & More members to accumulate miles on LATAM flights.
(see https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=10001 )

However, it seems that LATAM itself is not aware of this cooperation. At first, It was almost impossible to add the M&M number to the booking - only after few phone calls to the reservation center, I was able to do that. At the first phone calls, they insisted they are in a different alliance (One World vs. Star alliance) and that they have no knowledge regarding the new alleged agreement.
Later on, came the part I still didn't resolve: When coming to do the early check-in at the LATAM website it didn't allow me to select M&M. So I've decided not to do online check-in and to do it the old-fashioned way - at the airport. Much to my surprise - all the ground staff insisted that such an agreement does not exist, that it is a different alliance, and that I cannot accumulate miles on M&M.

I've tried to write to M&M customer service, but they seem to ignore all e-mails.

Any thoughts?

Ram
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Did you show the LATAM check in staff the M&M page?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:18 am

Yes. They barely understand English. That did not help. I also showed them that the M&M number appears on the E-TICKET itself...
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: LH SEN; AF/KL G
Angry No Miles for LATAM Flight

Hello,

I had a RT flight SCL-IPC on LATAM business class I. When booking I added my LH SEN number but then I see in my M&M account: Your request for a retroactive mileage credit. LA 843 SANTIAGO DE CHILE-ISLA DE PASCUA Economy Class, J on 11/27/2019 has been rejected because Flight already credited.

So I called the hotline, where they did not know why this happened and they opened a case. A couple of days later I get the following message in a M&M Inbox: We cannot credit your flight with our airline partner to your Miles & More account because the route or flight number is not covered by our contractual agreement.

There is no mention of this of this the M&M website...
Did anyone have this issue before?

Thanks!

Laik
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:35 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by LaikMaik
There is no mention of this of this the M&M website...
Did anyone have this issue before?
I am about to take my business from Avianca to more convenient LATAM and am much concerned about your experience.

As per M&L (L for less) website you should even earn executive bonus flying LATAM. Unfortunately they also write "Some flight numbers and booking classes may not qualify for earning miles." In this case it would be interesting to know on WHICH LATAM flights we can earn miles..... (status miles and status points n 2021).

Last edited by behuman; Jan 3, 2020 at 4:41 am
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:43 am

A theory says, that you get award miles for LATAM Brazil/former TAM flights, but not for former LAN flights.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: LH SEN; AF/KL G
Originally Posted by thbe
A theory says, that you get award miles for LATAM Brazil/former TAM flights, but not for former LAN flights.
I did get award miles for a Puerto Natales - Santiago flight with LATAM Chile which was the day before the Easter Island one, but they were on different booking codes...
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: LH HON
Is it possible to redeem LATAM flight awards with M&M miles? Did not find this on the LH website.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail
Is it possible to redeem LATAM flight awards with M&M miles? Did not find this on the LH website.
Well, you should check on the M&M website.... It's a LMGTFY case, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.