Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas flight on LH ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Qantas flight on LH ticket

hey Guys,

looking at flying down under soon.

LHR -> ZRH -> SIN -> SYD

The SIN -> SYD leg is on Qantas with the rest on Swiss.

how would that work with earnings of status and award miles?

Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:40 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Lewis42
hey Guys,

looking at flying down under soon.

LHR -> ZRH -> SIN -> SYD

The SIN -> SYD leg is on Qantas with the rest on Swiss.

how would that work with earnings of status and award miles?

While this option is visible on swiss.com, I doubt it is possible to book it online or at all on one ticket.

As for mileage earning for the Qantas flight: You’d get zero status miles, but I’m not sure if award miles will be calculated with the full ticket price including the Qantas flight or not.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH HON
It is easily possible to book online.

regular miles on LX.
no miles on QF but those segments can be credited to another program (any QF partner).
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
As above. Totally possible. I’m doing it next month too. Very competitive fares compared to one-stop options from LHR too.

QF sector earns nothing for M&M so credit that sector to a OneWorld or other QF partner program.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Perfect. That’ll go nicely into BAEC.

Thanks guys!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by Nick Art

While this option is visible on swiss.com, I doubt it is possible to book it online or at all on one ticket.

As for mileage earning for the Qantas flight: You’d get zero status miles, but I’m not sure if award miles will be calculated with the full ticket price including the Qantas flight or not.
For sure it can be booked. For the long-haul Europe-Australia, QF is a valid booking carrier for LX and LH. I have one of these tickets later this year.

In this case, the PNR needs to be setup to have a different FQTV for the LH and QF segments. You can credit any one-world to the QF flight(s).

One question is why you didn't take SQ out of Singapore for the outbound connection. Perhaps it was schedule or availability but SQ is also valid.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:05 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by daumueller
It is easily possible to book online.

regular miles on LX.
no miles on QF but those segments can be credited to another program (any QF partner).
Originally Posted by vantage03
As above. Totally possible. I’m doing it next month too. Very competitive fares compared to one-stop options from LHR too.

QF sector earns nothing for M&M so credit that sector to a OneWorld or other QF partner program.
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
For sure it can be booked. For the long-haul Europe-Australia, QF is a valid booking carrier for LX and LH. I have one of these tickets later this year.

In this case, the PNR needs to be setup to have a different FQTV for the LH and QF segments. You can credit any one-world to the QF flight(s).

One question is why you didn't take SQ out of Singapore for the outbound connection. Perhaps it was schedule or availability but SQ is also valid.
Sorry for the missinformation!
But I myself never got flights involving a QF segment to price on swiss.com...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:09 am
Original Poster

i need to land and go straight to my meeting so the arrivals lounge is of particular interest.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
In my case I usually try to take SQ, but the QF flight has some things going for it...

The connecting flight SQ221 has a longer layover in SIN than QF2, and depending on the travel class it’s much harder to find cheaper premium fare availability on SQ221. Eg it has new suites, so they often don’t even make A class available. Even then, the cabin is often sold out well in advance. Same with Business, as it connects well with Asian and European flights onwards to Sydney.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Lewis42

i need to land and go straight to my meeting so the arrivals lounge is of particular interest.
There are no real arrival lounges in SYD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.