Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Award Travel - 3 Region Dealbreaker

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
Wait - the award miles on M&M for flights on M&M metal and on LH ticket stock are determined by the price you pay, not by distance travelled. I believe your calculation may be off.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K, Senator
True.

Those numbers are from my last revenue Z ticket. In my experience, because I'm always flying the same route, most of my Z tickets are in the same price range, same seems to be true for my P tickets. Therefor, the award miles is very similar each time.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by andywaw
I don't have a bubble to burst.
And I wrote exactly what you did. (I used a word "stop" where I should have used "transfer", sorry about it).
US via Canada to Israel is 2 regions - that's what I said.
North America via Europe to Middle East is 3 regions - I said that too.
Mentioning stopovers was just extra information for those who don't know that they are allowed to make two stopovers when booking return trips across 2 regions or 3 regions.
Got it, yes same then. I misinterpreted the " stop" part as meaning stopover. Unforgiving FT
andywaw likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by mmff
I would love this to be more than a theoretical exercise. Unfortunately, I was never able to book awards on SQ{25, 26} through M&M.
For a couple of months now, LH shows a lot of availability that is only given to them. SQ25 and SQ26 show Y awards any given day. SQ21 and SQ22 (SIN-EWR vv) even show Biz awards on many days.

While LH wants not only more miles (92,000 miles) when flying LH metal, they also want 560 USD in fees and charges while using miles on SQ is only 67,000 and less than 50 USD fees and charges.
mmff likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SMK77
For a couple of months now, LH shows a lot of availability that is only given to them. SQ25 and SQ26 show Y awards any given day. SQ21 and SQ22 (SIN-EWR vv) even show Biz awards on many days.
Miles & More Business Class availablity on SQ has been outrageously good for the last 6 months. I am both SQ Krisfkyer PPS Club and LH HON and M&M offers FAR more SQ Business Class award seats than what is available to SQ’s own Krisfkyer members, let alone other *A partners. It isn’t phantom either as I’ve booked a ton of SYD-LHR returns for my family.
I’ve also called the PPS Connect service and they couldn’t even release some seats that were available to Basic M&M members.

So whilst M&M has its drawbacks, USA-TLV being one of them.. I think 3 region pricing EU-AUS is fair and availability is very good.
SMK77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.