Wiki Posts
Search

Interline with ghost segment

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
Interline with ghost segment

I'm planning to take a flight over Xmas. Departing at CDG is like 200 GBP cheaper. So I was thinking to book CDG/MUC/HKG. On return, I was thinking to dump MUC/CDG segment and purchase the MUC-LHR instead with BA. Is it possible to do an interline with a "ghost segment"?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
I'm planning to take a flight over Xmas. Departing at CDG is like 200 GBP cheaper. So I was thinking to book CDG/MUC/HKG. On return, I was thinking to dump MUC/CDG segment and purchase the MUC-LHR instead with BA. Is it possible to do an interline with a "ghost segment"?
Are you serious? If I understand what you mean, you want to board in HKG to theoretically fly HKG-MUC-CDG, but ask LH to make your luggage to go HKG-MUC-LHR? Don't you think that will immediately trigger red-flag? Repricing of your original ticket etc.???
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:07 am
Original Poster

I thought you can always do a ghost segment: https://servicehub.amadeus.com/view-...tRedirect=true

Just that I am not very sure whether it could be interlined.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I’ve done this many times, however always LH to LH. They won’t reprice.
Just tell them you’re no longer returning to CDG and going to LHR instead. They should interline, they definitely CAN. Don’t know why you’d want to fly BA ex-MUC though?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vantage03
I’ve done this many times, however always LH to LH. They won’t reprice.
Just tell them you’re no longer returning to CDG and going to LHR instead. They should interline, they definitely CAN. Don’t know why you’d want to fly BA ex-MUC though?
As the final destination is LON, and it's cheaper for MUC/LHR with BA than CDG/LHR with BA. The worst scenario is that I can just tag my bag to MUC and re-clear my bags again.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Make sure you book the MUC-CDG segment to be as late as possible (if free stopovers are allowed, add that segments weeks after your original) after you arrive from HKG. You can do up to 23h 59m with no extra cost on all international tickets. That way you have an overnight in MUC and a logical reason why you want your luggage tagged only to that point. Make sure you don't check in for the MUC-CDG segment so they don't have to call you in the speakers when you no-show.

Regarding the ghost segment I actually unintentionally had that happen to me some years ago. I was flying LH GOT-FRA-JKT and then next day Air Asia JKT-DPS on a separate ticket but in the same reservation. When I checked in in GOT my luggage was tagged all the way to DPS! Only when I asked them not to did they change to JKT only. I wonder if Air Asia would have accepted my luggage as I hadn't paid for any checked-in luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.