Wiki Posts
Search

BAGTAG labels for LH/OS/LX [split off from Rimowa eTag thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
BAGTAG labels for LH/OS/LX [split off from Rimowa eTag thread]

My understanding is that the technology is living on.

LH sent an email inviting for a prize draw for this new product http://bagtag.com, a brand independent bag tag that can be fixed onto any suitcase.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
90 euros for the thing, and then I have to destroy the bag by drilling holes into it for mounting? Not to mention the question of whether it's even possible to move this between different bags....

Another useless gadget that claims to fix a problem that doesn't exist by giving benefits that aren't possible while creating a bunch of other problems.
royng and Unterwegs like this.

Last edited by Fabo.sk; Jul 17, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:20 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
LH sent an email inviting for a prize draw for this new product http://bagtag.com, a brand independent bag tag that can be fixed onto any suitcase.
From their website:
Attach a BAGTAG to your suitcase and never worry again. From the comfort of your home, hotel or even the beach you can update the label on your suitcase. Check in, add your suitcase and you’re ready for take-off. Travelling has never been so easy.
This is hillarious. Last time I travelled, I just left my bag with the agent while checking in. No need to attach anything to my suitcase. No need to update my label while enjoying the beach or my home. No need to check in and add my suitcase (to whatever). What exactly is being made easier?

And let's be honest: this tag (pretty much like Rimowa's e-tag) just looks ugly. Who wants to permanently stick something like this to his or her suitcase?

HTB.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by htb

This is hillarious. [...]

And let's be honest: this tag (pretty much like Rimowa's e-tag) just looks ugly. [...]

HTB.
This may be true, but it looks like at least I can continue to use my fleet of Rimowa e-tag bags on Lufthansa & Co. as the technology seens to live on.

Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn

This may be true, but it looks like at least I can continue to use my fleet of Rimowa e-tag bags on Lufthansa & Co. as the technology seens to live on.

Rimowas are at least thoughtfully integrated into the design. Unlike this thing.

Incidentally, I remembered an incident that happened almost 10 years ago, when I was working at an airport. We've had a plane gone bust, were offloading the bags for possible change of airframe and I was given a list of pax who'd liked to have their bags delivered to them while they went home and decided what to do further on (there was gonna be delay of at least 4-6 hours, as an outstation).
I'd certainly have "loved" it if either of these were used.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I'm more concerned about the durability of the tag, how will it stick to my suitcase and will it stay? Or detach taking a chunk of my bag with it?

Also the tag updates via bluetooth, so I doubt that it can be updated in irregs.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm more concerned about the durability of the tag, how will it stick to my suitcase and will it stay? Or detach taking a chunk of my bag with it?

Also the tag updates via bluetooth, so I doubt that it can be updated in irregs.

If I understood the mounting right, I wouldn't worry about it staying attached. Looks like a pretty sturdy mount with two plates screwed together through case wall.

Good point about BT updates. That's the same for Rimowas I think, and can become a problem. Possibly in future with RFID airline might be able to reasonably update the screen....
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Bagtags now on sale in the worldshop... https://www.worldshop.eu/de/product/...cc_plc=1754482

(81 instead of 89€, still doesn't convince me)
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I would say one of these tags would only be of interest when it could be used on any *A carrier.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:36 pm

I wouldn't be interested even if they paid me the 80 euros. Completely useless.
Unterwegs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.