Wiki Posts
Search

LH - Changes to ex-UK fares to Australia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN/*G
LH - Changes to ex-UK fares to Australia

I use LH quite frequently to fly BRS-LH-FRA-LH-SIN/BKK-SQ/TG-SYD, and the ticket is issued on 220 LH stock.

I've tried to book that today, and there appear to be no LH fares BRS-SYD at all any more. Looking at LHR-SYD, the only fares I can find in Expertflyer are via TYO, and when I've called LH, they're offering my very weird routings like LHR-LH-MUC-LH-SIN-SQ-SYD where MUC-SIN is on the SQ operated flight on the LH codeshare, or LHR-FRA-AUH-SYD.

If I try and book LHR-LH-FRA-LH778-SIN-LH9780-SYD, it won't fare at all. It'll offer LHR-LH-FRA-LH778-SIN-QF2-SYD, but only on full Y and D fares.

Has there been some change to policy that LH won't offer fares to Australia ex-UK any more?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Gíve it a few days and try again - most likely its an glitch somewhere.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, no regular fares loaded ex BRS/MAN/BHX/SOU/etc (LON has some), must be a glitch in the matrix today. So don't be surprised if you see a black cat walk by you again today.

Code:
05JUL18**05JUL18/LH BRSSYD/NSP;AP/TPM ...../MPM 14857
***   FOR STAR ALLIANCE RTW* SEE FQD XYZXYZ EG:FRAFRA   ***
LN FARE BASIS    OW   GBP  RT   B PEN  DATES/DAYS   AP MIN MAX R
01+J77OW         5897           J  -     -     -     -  -   -  M
02+J77RT                   8429 J  -     -     -     -  -  12M M
>                                                 PAGE  2/ 2
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Let's hope so. I need them in order to construct a complex itin that intersects with the Hello Kitty train...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
There are no F fares ex-LON anymore which is incredibly frustrating. This isn’t an error, it’s very annoying, especially since there are so many delays ex-LHR, you put yourself at risk if you were to buy a separate ticket (I’m in this position right now facing a misconnect..!)
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:52 am

I also noticed this, it’s very odd. There are some decent ex-Italy fares to SYD/MEL in J, but haven’t been able to find any good fares in F from a European country.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C
I also noticed this, it’s very odd. There are some decent ex-Italy fares to SYD/MEL in J, but haven’t been able to find any good fares in F from a European country.
DUB to SYD is about 5k in November with LH, LX, CX and QF.
It's a bit away in the future but those prices are pretty typical from what I've seen.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:48 am
Original Poster

At the moment, there is one fare filed for BRS-SYD - a J fare at GBP9,169
Usually there are fares filed for every bucket, and routings via SIN/BKK and via TYO.
I rang the SEN hotline yesterday, and they agreed it looked odd, and would report it up the line.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
There are no F fares ex-LON anymore which is incredibly frustrating. This isn’t an error, it’s very annoying, especially since there are so many delays ex-LHR, you put yourself at risk if you were to buy a separate ticket (I’m in this position right now facing a misconnect..!)
Did you take this up with your HON PA ?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
Did you take this up with your HON PA ?
Yes. He did research, confirmed it was known (and not an error). He then sent me an email 3-4 months ago now saying that they were making progress... nothing since. I should follow up.

It’s particularly annoying now that the LH-SQ JV is in full swing and there are decent F fares SYD-LHR (just not the other way around).

Side note, NCE-SYD return on LH/LX combining with SQ/QF through SIN for €5,699 which I think is decent compared to other EU pricing, a couple of weeks ago it was closer to €5000. You can also fly the new SQ suites in this fare SIN-SYD-SIN on the rare days when A class if available. QF F is obviously inferior to SQ but connection times and availability are excellent.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Reading up on the LH-SQ JV, it only seems to apply to flights to/from DE/CH/AT, and not the UK.

I'm concerned that it's a known / intended issue, or is that is that just got F-fares? My last BRS-SYD was about 6 months ago (IIRC), and that used an LH W fare.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Update - still broken. All sorts of bizarre fares, none of them right. I'm still not sure of this is intentional or some really big problem. Nobody at I've spoken to at LH can explain/clarify.

(e.g. LON-KUL on LH returns a G- (premium economy) fare calculated on an MPM routing, which is really unusual).
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:10 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Update - still broken. All sorts of bizarre fares, none of them right. I'm still not sure of this is intentional or some really big problem. Nobody at I've spoken to at LH can explain/clarify.

(e.g. LON-KUL on LH returns a G- (premium economy) fare calculated on an MPM routing, which is really unusual).
I can't find any route ex LHR on LH into eastern direction that requires a connection on SQ/CX/TG or any other airline at all! LHR-SYD/KUL/AUK etc...
There are no fares available for the selected dates.
I tried all classes and about 20 different dates. So this just got a lot more serious.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:25 am
Original Poster

I have emailed LH to ask what's going on. I only have about 50% confidence that I'll get a meaningful reply.

Last edited by BristolTraveller; Jul 19, 2018 at 5:25 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Bumping the thread to update - I contacted LH via email twice, and both occasions got responses from agents who either suggested itineraries that won't fare, or flying from LON via TYO. Despite some very patient and clear explanation from me, nobody has yet understood that I think there's a *problem* they should look into.

I might try contacting LH's UK office. If the missing fares really are affecting a number of UK airports, surely they would have noticed by now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.