Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid upgrade on LH.com to Business Class what booking class?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Paid upgrade on LH.com to Business Class what booking class?

If one books a paid upgrade on LH's website from Premium Eco tu Business Cl what booking class do they make this upgraded reservation in (in this case for an intercont flight from the US to Germany)? P, Z, D, J or even I?

Thanks
Old May 27, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL
It depends on your original Premium Economy booking class.

N --> P
E --> Z
G --> D

https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Upgr...lass-long-haul
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:43 am
pda

Programs: LH SEN *
I upgraded my PE E ticket last week into business class (I did this online, paid 450 euro) for a flight MUC-LAX tomorrow.

Just noted that my 'new' booking class is P and not Z as I expected. Did the rules change (again)? I also cannot see the information on the LH site anymore.

Thanks

Last edited by pda; Jan 26, 2019 at 12:41 pm Reason: corrected typo
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by pda
I upgraded my PE E ticket last week into business class (I did this online, paid 450 euro) for a flight MUC-LAX tomorrow.

Just noted that my 'new' booking class is P and not Z as I expected. Did the rules change (again)?) I also cannot see the information on the LH site anymore.

Thanks
i had the same as well from G so I am interested to undersrand as well!
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:06 am

My guess is the upgraded booking class and cost of upgrade are dependent on the available booking classes on the specific flight.

My experience upgrading a domestic flight (booking class Y):
- The upgrade cost was €20 when booking class P was available on the flight.
- The upgrade cost was €90 when booking class D was available on the flight.

On the bright side - €450 is a decent bargain to upgrade to C.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
As I unederstand from some moment they started to rebook paid upgrades to lowest available that moment level booking class.
So in point of view status miles it is dangerous to book from many Eco tickets to Biz as if the P class is available, there may be less status miles than by original ticket.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by 8420PR
My guess is the upgraded booking class and cost of upgrade are dependent on the available booking classes on the specific flight.

My experience upgrading a domestic flight (booking class Y):
- The upgrade cost was €20 when booking class P was available on the flight.
- The upgrade cost was €90 when booking class D was available on the flight.

On the bright side - €450 is a decent bargain to upgrade to C.
This is true and I agree !

When I do my upgrades mainly on my European flights usually from ECO Light fare to Business, I ALWAYS call the Swiss hotline and ask after I paid the ECO Light ticket online to do the Business Light Upgrade to the class I want !
Mainly D class in order to get the MAX in Status Miles.....
And yes prices are of course higher but are way better then buying a Business Class fare !

The one the intercontinental tickets, should be the same I guess.... you can chose the class of travel.... BUT you need to call them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.