Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
the810 and bertles86 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Garbage it’s “first”. Basia has Ukrainian cabin crew for years. There’s one I can think of who married a LO Pilot that she met during her work.

Ukrainians have also been in the lounge for years as well as Belarusians, and I’m sure behind the scenes also in the call centre, head office and catering.

There’s a number of different origins in Basia’s crew.

By the way, they’re desperate for crew… just saying .
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LCA

Larnaca is back, under LO prime flight, once a week on Sat for now, LO171/2.
MichalB, yurtripper and iLied like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Did anyone fly with LO out of PRG recently? LO website and Star Alliance Lounge Finder claim that Menzies Lounge should be available, but my friend who works as a pax handling agent at the airport insists that the lounge has been closed since the pandemic and didn't reopen. Airport's website seems to be confirming this, since it doesn't list Menzies Lounge anymore.

Is there an alternative lounge I can use, or no lounge at all?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by the810
Did anyone fly with LO out of PRG recently? LO website and Star Alliance Lounge Finder claim that Menzies Lounge should be available, but my friend who works as a pax handling agent at the airport insists that the lounge has been closed since the pandemic and didn't reopen. Airport's website seems to be confirming this, since it doesn't list Menzies Lounge anymore.

On the Non-Schengen side there used to be 2 lounges: Menzies and Mastercard, now they've seem to be combined into one - maybe same happened on Schengen side? It seemed to accept all pax Menzies lounge used to accept. I believe all the lounges are run by Menzies.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by megaloman
On the Non-Schengen side there used to be 2 lounges: Menzies and Mastercard, now they've seem to be combined into one - maybe same happened on Schengen side? It seemed to accept all pax Menzies lounge used to accept. I believe all the lounges are run by Menzies.
There is Erste lounge in Schengen, being the equivalent of Mastercard in NS. I believe it was ran by Czech Airlines Handling, which is part of Czech Aeroholding, which includes the Prague Airport itself, but no longer includes Czech Airlines.

After sale of Czech Airlines to Smartwings (then Travel Service), CSA moved from Erste lounge to Menzies lounge.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AF Ultimate, LH Senator, BA Silver; MB Titanium, HH Diamond; Starbucks Gold

You will be able to use the Erste lounge - the Menzies lounge is indeed closed, which makes the Erste one quite crowded during busy periods as it is used by all three alliances, Priority Pass holders as well as premium clients of Erste.

Just for the record, there are also two other (paid) options for T2: https://www.prg.aero/en/restaurants-...e_tid_depth=22
hugolover and the810 like this.

Last edited by yareku; Jun 15, 2022 at 11:21 am Reason: :)
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by yareku
You will be able to use the Erste lounge - the Menzies lounge is indeed closed, which makes the Erste one quite crowded during busy periods as it is used by all three alliances, Priority Pass holders as well as premium clients of Erste.

Just for the record, there are also two other (paid) options for T2: https://www.prg.aero/en/restaurants-...e_tid_depth=22
Thanks. I would be lost without this, check-in staff had no idea. I'm now in (very basic) Erste lounge and entry indeed wasn't a problem
yareku likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:49 am

Very basic? Used to be reasonably decent. Have they also "enhanced" in the last year?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Very basic? Used to be reasonably decent. Have they also "enhanced" in the last year?
Well, after my flight got delayed (joys of flying LO), I'm changing my opinion a little, the lunch offering was nice.

Before that the food was basically non-existent: Some very weak soup (which tasted like water) and savoury snacks. Alcohol selection is nice though. It was also very packed with some people having to stand at times.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:42 am

Interesting that it was packed. The lounge is fairly big. But I guess the travel peak is hitting PRG as well.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:55 am

Interesting that it was packed. The lounge is fairly big. But I guess the travel peak is hitting PRG as well.
During the 2,5 hours I was there it went from empty to packed and back several times. Airport restaurants were also fairly full but luckily security was a breeze (back then I didn't know about the hidden "true" fast track between lounges).
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder what their excuse is for the lateness of your flight? It seems there wasn’t a hope in hell to be on time considering the aircraft they operated it with was on a flight to and from RZE at the same time it should have been flying to PRG.

That’s not ATC. Another tech issue?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:33 am

During the 2,5 hours I was there it went from empty to packed and back several times. Airport restaurants were also fairly full but luckily security was a breeze (back then I didn't know about the hidden "true" fast track between lounges).
The "true" fast track you mention is not available to general pax, even to general pax with status and in J.
It's only available to guests of "fast track lounge" (Raiffeisenbank World Elite Friedrich Wilhelm or paid).
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:24 am

The "true" fast track you mention is not available to general pax, even to general pax with status and in J.
It's only available to guests of "fast track lounge" (Raiffeisenbank World Elite Friedrich Wilhelm or paid).
That's interesting because there are ads in the check-in area pointing the direction to Erste lounge via the same stairway which goes to the Fast Track Lounge. So I wonder how does that work then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.