Wiki Posts
Search

LH booking class P, Z upgreadable for miles and eVouchers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Platinum, MPC Green
Originally Posted by mrt88
you can only use united GPUs for Z/P. upgrades to F
miles upgrades with UA miles goes through the normal star alliance upgrade path where I think booking class is J/C/D minimum https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...de-awards.html
Thanks! I missed the GPU part on an earlier post. So, it makes sense that I couldn't do it on United website. However, when I called M&M, I asked the agent if one could do it with M&M miles and he said no.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN *
UPDATE from Miles & More Poland:

"We confirm that Lufthansa has been planning to introduce as of April 1 making Lufthansa intercontinental flights Business Class P and Z possible to be upgraded, by analogy to Swiss offer.

However, the central Miles & More office in Germany has just informed us that, due to technical issues, this option availability will be delayed a few weeks (until after April 20th).

We are sorry for any inconveniences."

Last edited by andywaw; Apr 9, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:22 am

Hmmmm ... I was able to upgrade from Business (Z) to First (O) via Lufthansa webpage for 85.000 - instant confirmation and deduction of my M&M account.
schley, worldclubber and andywaw like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by MP_J
Hmmmm ... I was able to upgrade from Business (Z) to First (O) via Lufthansa webpage for 85.000 - instant confirmation and deduction of my M&M account.
This is good news, it look like Miles & More is confused about what Lufthansa announced.
MP_J, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Incidentally, my past LH upgrades to First have never been instant, they always confirmed on the day of departure
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:03 am

Smile

Originally Posted by andywaw
MP_J, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Thank you. I am a quiet reader since a long time but i thought it is time now to join.

Best
MP
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Once it works, this will be a more than welcome change, particularly for the dreaded eVouchers, if the availability of F seats is there.

Welcome to MP_J from me, too.
MP_J likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Once it works, this will be a more than welcome change, particularly for the dreaded eVouchers, if the availability of F seats is there.

Welcome to MP_J from me, too.
Yes, it will, been using my eVouchers on LX

With ever decreasing F routes, it’s going to become even more challenging upgrading.....
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, it will, been using my eVouchers on LX

With ever decreasing F routes, it’s going to become even more challenging upgrading.....
That's my worry, too.

Have been using mine with LX for a while now, last ones just recently, but currently prefer LH F, so will try to use my next vouchers on LH.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: available
Successfully upgraded LH P fare to LH O / First with UA GPU. Instant upgrade confirmation for a flight in mid May. Love it!
MP_J likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
That's my worry, too.

Have been using mine with LX for a while now, last ones just recently, but currently prefer LH F, so will try to use my next vouchers on LH.
I like LX & LH in F, currently I’m doing LX outbound & LH inbound, prefer catering ex ZRH.

With all these GPU’s swishing around I fear we will still end up having to rely on LX for our eVouchers, since they protect the F cabin to SEN & HON.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
April 1st is passed guys! wished it could be possible again, but we can all keep dreaming!
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:46 pm

I like LX & LH in F, currently I’m doing LX outbound & LH inbound, prefer catering ex ZRH.

With all these GPU’s swishing around I fear we will still end up having to rely on LX for our eVouchers, since they protect the F cabin to SEN & HON.
Just did the same thing twice: LX outbound from ZRH and LH inbound. But (despite the seafood experience from ZRH) only because I couldn‘t get availability on LH outbound.

Wished LH also protected the F seats.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

There really aren’t THAT many GPUs floating around. Recall you have to be 1K or GS on UA to earn them. That requires at least 100k PQMs and $12k PQDs. Further, I’d guess they’re more likely to be used on TATL flights, since most UA flyers are Americans.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sannmann

There really aren’t THAT many GPUs floating around. Recall you have to be 1K or GS on UA to earn them. That requires at least 100k PQMs and $12k PQDs. Further, I’d guess they’re more likely to be used on TATL flights, since most UA flyers are Americans.
I think there are.
1k & GS can get 6 to 8 GPU’s in a year ?

SEN only get 2 eVouchers in 2 years.

HON only get 6 eVouchers in 2 years for 600k miles of flying.

You need 2 eVouchers for a TATL upgrade but only 1 GPU.

i know quite a few FF who prefer UA programme over M&M & they are not using their GPU on TATL.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synd
April 1st is passed guys! wished it could be possible again, but we can all keep dreaming!
It has but I’m quite confident that the information Andywaw kindly provided will happen, just waiting for LH & M&M *5 IT to get its act together

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.