Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waitlist clearance - upgrading from C to F (O)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Waitlist clearance - upgrading from C to F (O)

Hey there,
Anyone happen to know typically how late upgrades into First clear? I put in for an upgrade on LH online via United Global Premiere Upgrade on tomorrows FRA-ORD flight on the B748, and was waitlisted. One seat remains open, and I'm very curious about how far from departure the upgrades typically clear. Is there a typical timeframe that they'll start clearing? I've been checking expertflyer regularly to see if the seat's gone, and it remains there, so perhaps I'll have some luck!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its hourly after T-24h, if it doesn't clear overnight it will clear once the flight manager starts his shift and looks at the waitlists.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Super helpful, thank you. We're at T-24h now, so will keep an eye out.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:59 am

How can you waitlist yourself for an upgrade anyway?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Luthansa Miles & More
Question What it the latest possible time for the O Class waiting list to be confirmed?

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its hourly after T-24h, if it doesn't clear overnight it will clear once the flight manager starts his shift and looks at the waitlists.
Hi guys,

I am on a waiting list on LH flight in O class (First Class) since the last 6 months, and the departure day is approaching, I would like to know if is there any chance for us to get the upgrade confirmation as I see the First Class is still available for this flight (3 seats available in A class). When can I expect my waiting list to be confirmed? Now only 3 days left before the departure.

Also, is there any suggestions you can give me to increase the chance to get confirmed upgrade?

Thanks
Marco
Old May 9, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Marco Rinaudo
Hi guys,

I am on a waiting list on LH flight in O class (First Class) since the last 6 months, and the departure day is approaching, I would like to know if is there any chance for us to get the upgrade confirmation as I see the First Class is still available for this flight (3 seats available in A class). When can I expect my waiting list to be confirmed? Now only 3 days left before the departure.

Also, is there any suggestions you can give me to increase the chance to get confirmed upgrade?

Thanks
Marco
Marco what happened?

Did you do the bidding for upgrade that is another avenue. Other than that it is prayer and willpower with fingers crossed, but then again whoever else is on the waitlist is doing the same.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:14 am

Couple of months ago, my O waitlist cleared at boarding...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.