Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Child goes crazy on flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by dsched
Apparently Thai is stopping people carrying children on their lap on the787-900 in business . Hopefully this trend will take off in the rest of the world and those in J will not have to put up with screaming for 8 hours.
Violates US FAA rules so they can't do it into / out of US
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by dsched
Apparently Thai is stopping people carrying children on their lap on the787-900 in business . Hopefully this trend will take off in the rest of the world and those in J will not have to put up with screaming for 8 hours.
Originally Posted by BeatCal
They are claiming that their policy because of the airbag in the seatbelt, not because they have a general "no infants in business class" policy.
Thai Airways Bans Fat People & Lap Children From Boeing 787-9 “Dreamliner” Business Class (There’s Always Economy!)

Flight Lieutenant Pratana Patanasiri, THAI Vice President, Aviation Safety, Security & Standards Department, clarified in the announcement today (March 16) that THAI has taken delivery of two Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircrafts to its service fleet since September last year.

He said that the aircraft manufacturer has fixed airbag in seat belt on Business Class seats. With this latest version of seatbelt, passengers with over 56 inches waist could not fasten the belt safely.

Therefore it is necessary for the company to abide by the safety standard rule strictly by not allowing passengers with waistline of over 56 inches and passengers travelling with infants on their laps to book the business class seats of the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircrafts, he said.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BeatCal
Can you post the link?
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
They are claiming that their policy because of the airbag in the seatbelt, not because they have a general "no infants in business class" policy.
Seat-belt extenders were supposed to de-activate the functionality of plane’s inflatable seat-belts, at least for flights covered by FAA rules. Did Thai go with seats that don’t fit with the FAA rules? That would be weird because the plane manufacturer matters in ways too even as plane seat manufacturers may be their own entity separate from the plane manufacturer.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: United, Best Western, National, Enterprise, Air France,
Just a followup - Did Lufthansa compensate passengers for putting up with the kid?

I would hope that Lufthansa made it up to passengers.

I have been working international 20+ years and this would be a tough one to put up with.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I had a similar situation on a DL flight a few years ago, I believe it was BOS-ATL where the kid would not stop screaming and yelling the entire time ... the plane returned to the gate and after quite some arguments with state police involved they were finally deplaned ... everyone was glad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.