Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Renovation of OS lounges in VIE

Hey,

as Austrian is finally renovating its lounges in Vienna since mid December

https://www.austrian.com/Info/Austri..._lang=en&cc=AT

I was wondering if any of the lounges have been finished yet?

If so, if anybody saw the result yet?

and if maybe there is a more elaborate schedule when which lounge will be closed for renovations?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see under SEN its blank. It would be good to know if the Schengen-SEN lounge is open in the next week.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: *G
SEN schengen looked identical.this Week.

Their real problem is overcrowding
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:02 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deniah
SEN schengen looked identical.this Week.

Their real problem is overcrowding
indeed, and this is getting worse and worse now that OS is growing steadily...
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
Originally Posted by hugolover
I see under SEN its blank. It would be good to know if the Schengen-SEN lounge is open in the next week.
Schengen SEN lounge was open today - still not refreshed.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, the last time I was in VIE was when I was flying BD just after the acquisition and we could use both the Star lounge and BA. Forgive me if its just widely accepted that its down the pan.

Oh my, those lounges are tired, no plugs...and where is the food? Its one of the first lounges I have ever been to that had no protein at all for many hours. Not a bit of meat and then all that came out was some sausages.

There was cake, bread, two types of water soup (both veg), some leaves and some gunky salad. Oh and a mousse and strawberry dessert. Then came some little bangers and sauerkraut. And this is a SEN lounge??? I thought OS were supposed to be a premium carrier?

I was flying LO (so Schengen) and the comparison to their home hub is like chalk and cheese. LO continue to rewrite the FT vocabulary: The OS SEN lounges are just not premium enough for LO pax.

I should have checked the FTL side, it must have been catered with bread and watered down soup only.

Do&Co cater what you pay them for but their reputation is rather tarnished if this is all OS will stump up.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
So, the last time I was in VIE was when I was flying BD just after the acquisition and we could use both the Star lounge and BA. Forgive me if its just widely accepted that its down the pan.

Oh my, those lounges are tired, no plugs...and where is the food? Its one of the first lounges I have ever been to that had no protein at all for many hours. Not a bit of meat and then all that came out was some sausages.

There was cake, bread, two types of water soup (both veg), some leaves and some gunky salad. Oh and a mousse and strawberry dessert. Then came some little bangers and sauerkraut. And this is a SEN lounge??? I thought OS were supposed to be a premium carrier?

I was flying LO (so Schengen) and the comparison to their home hub is like chalk and cheese. LO continue to rewrite the FT vocabulary: The OS SEN lounges are just not premium enough for LO pax.

I should have checked the FTL side, it must have been catered with bread and watered down soup only.

Do&Co cater what you pay them for but their reputation is rather tarnished if this is all OS will stump up.
I don't know if OS is supposed to be a premium carrier, but I agree with your assesment of the SEN lounge in VIE. I found BIZ lounges in WAW and several LH locations better. SEN lounge in ZRH as well.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I don't know if OS is supposed to be a premium carrier, but I agree with your assesment of the SEN lounge in VIE. I found BIZ lounges in WAW and several LH locations better. SEN lounge in ZRH as well.
In what ways do you find the lounges at WAW better? Am surprised to hear this. It seems some of the refurbished lounges at VIE are now open but I dont find any reports about them? Is there a different thread about them?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
In what ways do you find the lounges at WAW better? Am surprised to hear this. It seems some of the refurbished lounges at VIE are now open but I dont find any reports about them? Is there a different thread about them?
Renovation of Business and SEN Schengen lounges at T3 in Vienna has been completed.

Brighter colours, more cheerful ambiance and wooden floors.

Sadly, the four stools overlooking the apron are gone.

No changes to catering (which I consider above average anyway).
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SEN Schengen has cakes in the afternoon. Soup. No meat of any kind.

dinner was sausages and sauerkraut.

that is all.

This is not a premium carrier, it’s not above average, even the LH hubs are better. As for Do&Co, they must be embarrassed.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:06 am

SEN Schengen has cakes in the afternoon. Soup. No meat of any kind.

dinner was sausages and sauerkraut.

that is all.

This is not a premium carrier, it’s not above average, even the LH hubs are better. As for Do&Co, they must be embarrassed.
Yes - the afternoon (I believe from around 2:30 - 4:30) has no warm meat dish. That‘s Austrian (and German) normal. There are always various salads and soups.
Everything they offer is of good quality normally. Therefore absolutely fine for me. I’d rather have a good smaller selection than a bland wider one. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.

To claim OS is not premium due to their lounge product goes a bit far for me, though. First of all I am not sure they claim to be premium. Second, their long-haul Business Class inflight product is certainly one of the better ones out there.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Food selection and drinks selection was better in BIZ/FTL lounges in WAW (LO), TXL and FRA (LH) than in the SEN lounge in VIE. TXL lounge was also less busy and easier to find seating than SEN VIE. WIth regards to seating in WAW, I have to admit it was worse than VIE, but I don't have comparison to FTL side in VIE nor SEN part in WAW. Anyway I hope situation in WAW improves with opening of Non-Schengen LOT lounge. Comparison with FRA isn't fair, since I spent most of my time in the faraway non-schengen lounges. The one Schengen lounge I popped in sure was busy, but then it was right in the busiest peak in the evening.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Food selection and drinks selection was better in BIZ/FTL lounges in WAW (LO), TXL and FRA (LH) than in the SEN lounge in VIE. TXL lounge was also less busy and easier to find seating than SEN VIE. WIth regards to seating in WAW, I have to admit it was worse than VIE, but I don't have comparison to FTL side in VIE nor SEN part in WAW. Anyway I hope situation in WAW improves with opening of Non-Schengen LOT lounge. Comparison with FRA isn't fair, since I spent most of my time in the faraway non-schengen lounges. The one Schengen lounge I popped in sure was busy, but then it was right in the busiest peak in the evening.
Thanks. I am so curious about why the LOT Elite lounge is so impressive. I visited exactly once and thought it was crowded and the style didnt impress me compared to LX and OS lounges. I see someone is raving about the olives in the Elite lounge I dont drink much at all and my beverage of choice is coffee. Any changes to the already good coffee in the OS lounges?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I am so curious about why the LOT Elite lounge is so impressive. I visited exactly once and thought it was crowded and the style didnt impress me compared to LX and OS lounges. I see someone is raving about the olives in the Elite lounge I dont drink much at all and my beverage of choice is coffee. Any changes to the already good coffee in the OS lounges?
It's just machine coffee, nothing special? Is it Meinl? Only LH have barista coffee at that status/class level, which is Lavazza.

LO lounge coffee is truly awful.

Yes, the olives, normally airline olives are totally dry, brine soaked crap, like tasteless bullets. For once have tasty kalamata in olive oil, they actually taste of something.

Originally Posted by sw1x
Yes - the afternoon (I believe from around 2:30 - 4:30) has no warm meat dish. That‘s Austrian (and German) normal. There are always various salads and soups.
Everything they offer is of good quality normally. Therefore absolutely fine for me. I’d rather have a good smaller selection than a bland wider one. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.

To claim OS is not premium due to their lounge product goes a bit far for me, though. First of all I am not sure they claim to be premium. Second, their long-haul Business Class inflight product is certainly one of the better ones out there.

Yeah "salads" with no meat cos meat is €€€. And the only meat is some crappy Nurnberger-style sausages and sauerkraut? Is that decent for you? They're like 6EUR/kg and sauerkraut...even cheaper than the 3 EUR / bucket potato salad in the LH SEN lounges.

OS positions itself as premium and is priced premium, they pride themselves on F&B. On YouTube is a video of the Do&Co food guy going to the Vienna market to buy fresh fish. It's not unreasonable to expect the lounges to be decently catered is it?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:05 am
Suspended

It's just machine coffee, nothing special? Is it Meinl? Only LH have barista coffee at that status/class level, which is Lavazza.

LO lounge coffee is truly awful.
ha, thanks, I thought the same thing about the LO lounge coffee! It seems like OS did not really do much of a lounge revamp -- shame they didnt upgrade the lounges or F+B like coffee since they make such a big deal out of their coffee menu in the air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.