Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Mastercard for Dutch resident

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&More
Lufthansa Mastercard for Dutch resident

Hiya, I was wondering. Can I get a Lufthansa Mastercard while a Dutch resident, do I need a German bank account? There are some sites that provides links to open a German bank account while being a Dutch resident.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Hi Hermitage,

yes, you can be a non German resident for a Lufthansa credit card. The main challenge is the check of your ID and residence adress. It can be done abroad, or you visit a German branch of Deutsche Post. I believe for European countries also the Video Ident procedure is possible in the meantime.

I believe there is no need for a German bank account if you live in EUR land and have a SEPA account.

Check the FAQ of the Lufthansa credit card.

Last edited by Ziegenhorn; Dec 28, 2017 at 9:21 pm
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn

yes, you can be a non German resident for a Lufthansa credit card. The main challenge is the check of your ID and residence adress. It can be done abroad, or you visit a German branch of Deutsche Post. I believe for European countries also the Video Ident procedure is possible in the meantime.
For your information, I just succesfully passed the video ident process, which is quite convenient to use, especially from abroad.

I did not yet obtain my credit cards. My situation is different as I am resident in Switzerland, it being specified that Switzerland is however a SEPA country. I will report if the cards are issued to me so others can apply too.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by Nic33
For your information, I just succesfully passed the video ident process, which is quite convenient to use, especially from abroad.

I did not yet obtain my credit cards. My situation is different as I am resident in Switzerland, it being specified that Switzerland is however a SEPA country. I will report if the cards are issued to me so others can apply too.
could you explain the exact steps?
and did you already have a Miles&More credit card issued in your country?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by raffa
could you explain the exact steps?
If you apply for a credit card, you will be guided through all the steps while you file your application. You will first have to complete the credit card online application. Then you will be offered to identify yourself through video.

and did you already have a Miles&More credit card issued in your country?
Swiss M&M credit card issuers are not related to the German M&M credit card issuer. Accordingly, whether I had a Swiss M&M credit or not was not relevant in the application process.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: M&M FTL
nice. so basically you did it for the welcome bonus in awards miles?
do you have a direct link for the application?
thanks
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&More
This would be great, because European flights, Lufthansa and Star Alliance members are often cheaper than Skyteam. And for flights to Asia, Singapore Airlines is a Star Alliance member. And Mastercard is more widely accepted than American Express.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:35 am

nice. so basically you did it for the welcome bonus in awards miles?
No, my aim was to get a credit card in EUR that I would use in EUR countries

do you have a direct link for the application?
thanks
https://www.miles-and-more-kreditkarte.com/
raffa likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:25 am

It took a while, and I had to open a (free) DKB account, but I now have been granted the card. Probably because of I am not a resident of Germany, my limit is quite low (EUR 1000), but I can prepay the card to increase the limit.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I applied for the card at the end of 2017 (I am a UK resident with a UK account).

I was rejected and I believe this is because they couldn't assess my credit rating?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:24 am

It took a while, and I had to open a (free) DKB account, but I now have been granted the card. Probably because of I am not a resident of Germany, my limit is quite low (EUR 1000), but I can prepay the card to increase the limit.
Can someone please explain the prepay feature? I wish to buy flights that are above my limit. If i pay off more than I owe, does that essentially increase my limit?
For example, my limit is 2000. I pay 1000. Can I I now purchase a flight costing 3,000?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
I applied for the card at the end of 2017 (I am a UK resident with a UK account).

I was rejected and I believe this is because they couldn't assess my credit rating?
I was also initially rejected. I enquired and was told that it was because I did not provide a German based IBAN. When I provided a DKB account, I got accepted, though the application process lasted a while and the limit is low. But with the possibilty to prepay the card, it is not a problem.

Last edited by Nic33; Apr 19, 2018 at 5:38 am
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I was also initially rejected. I enquired and was told that it was because I did not provide a German based IBAN. When I provided a DKB account, I got accepted, though the application process lasted a while and the limit is low. But with the possibilty to prepay the card, it is not a problem.
aha... i see...i will look into this.

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.